Reality is Defined by a Lagrangian

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Spellbound, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

If Nature has defined the mechanics problem of the thrown ball in so elegant a fashion, might She have defined other problems similarly. So it seems now. Indeed, at the present time it appears that we can describe all the fundamental forces in terms of a Lagrangian. The search for Nature's One Equation, which rules all of the universe, has been largely a search for an adequate Lagrangian.
    —Robert Adair, The Great Design: Particles, Fields, and Creation[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrangian

Since a Lagrangian is kinetic energy minus potential energy, and reality is a system of energy, a Lagrangian can be used to find the dynamics of reality. A ball for example being thrown compromises potential energy and converts it to kinetic energy. The ball's motion, a reality, is also defined by the Lagrangian. The system is not separate from reality. Reality therefore becomes an exchange between potential and kinetic energy. I.e. both types of energy are the same but traded to produce action of the ball. Energy within reality is still conserved. Therefore, reality is not altered in any way by the ball's action. Only the ball's motion and its interaction within reality makes it appear so. Neither is the ball altered by reality. Reality is thus one, never changing, thing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Oh look, more spam.

What do you hope to achieve from posting thread after thread of Reality is whatever-catches-your-attention-today?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

I bet you didn't bother to read the thread before tapping away.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

That's a non sequitur I think.
    The ball is in a different place, so something has changed.
    If a goalkeeper punches a ball away, no goal is scored.

I like the subject though.
    How do balls know which path to follow?