Reflections

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by mirror, Apr 7, 2001.

1. mirror Registered Senior Member

My senses form a looking glass through which the universe is reflected.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

According to Boris, you are the <i>looking glass</i>. There's no room for an observer within your universe. Do you agree with that conclusion?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mirror Registered Senior Member

Bowser,

I have not yet seen Boris' rationale which led to his conclusion. The difference in terminology between my statement and the ones attributed to Boris seem to indicate a difference in the conceptual framework of the universe(s) under discussion.

The difference is that I am "a" looking glass - one of many - in the boundless universe of everything where there is room for an observer. This differs from being "the" looking glass - the only - in "my" bounded mini-verse where there might not be room for an observer (unless the looking glass and observer are one in the same).

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

my senses are a prism through which the universe is refracted

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

just a thought

groove on

8. Turbine Registered Senior Member

Going through life without learning Mathematics or Physics is like watching a football game and not knowing the rules.

9. mirror Registered Senior Member

He finds a quiet place. He stops. He listens. He contemplates the universe with awe.

10. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

we constantly change and yet look the same.
    are we the infinite combination?
    or just rattling our cage?
    all might be what we fear most
    so we never know but our own limitations.
    ...?

11. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Sheesh! Your host is a bit slow today, Dave...

<i>"The difference is that I am "a" looking glass - one of many - in the boundless universe of everything where there is room for an observer. This differs from being "the" looking glass - the only - in "my" bounded mini-verse where there might not be room for an observer (unless the looking glass and observer are one in the same)."</i>

There are two possible assumptions of course: tunnel vission or a panaromic view...robot or soul. As for the universe small and large, we absorb and reflect what we are or, what we want to be.

12. mirror Registered Senior Member

When I understand, things are just as they are; the way they are supposed to be.

When I don't understand, things are just as they are; the way they are supposed to be.

That's me.