regarding mars ....

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by ASIMOV, Jun 9, 2000.

1. ASIMOV Registered Senior Member

For some time i`ve been reading all kind of information about mars, happy faces, cidonya zone and so one, but there are some storys that i´de never seen being comment, for example .: Carl Sagan in his well known book Cosmos, wrote in the chapter " Blues For a Red Plantet "
    - " it would be very curiuos to check the misteryus piramides on mars "
    how could Carl Sagan wrote something like this ? He was very sceptic as we all know, he was the first person to tell that the face on mars was a result of shadows and light effects...
    But there are other curiuos quotes ( í`m a portuguese student of aerospace eng i´m sorry about my english ), for example he consider the lost of mars 6 ( the russian probe a mistery ) how can he use this kind of words ?
    Once i talked to a russian engineer that had been on the Phobos two project, and i asked him about what hapened to the phobos 2 space probe the answer was it had been destroyd by an asteroid...
    Can somebody tell me what is going on on mars, why all these stories ?
    The true is that from the begining of mars exploration, this planet has been bad for russians ( however they´ve put probes on the surface of Venus without problems ), i remember mars 3, mars 6, phobos 1 and 2 ..
    Even today remains a mistery the phobos failure ...
    I`d be glad to have someone to help me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

greetings from Portugal

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ozarky Registered Senior Member

ASIMOV, Idon't know if this will help you or not.The Martian Enigmas Home Page. About a year or so ago, I printed just about everything I could find on Mars. Some of it I had given away to prove or disprove arguements about the Red Planet. The site I listed had some real good photo's of The Face and City Pyramid. There just is'nt the material on Mars that there was. Maybe people have lost interest.

I would take anything that Carl Sagan said with a grain of salt. I do'nt like to talk about the dead, but he was an ego-maniac. Maybe that is why he was so good at writing fiction.

You might try The Black Vault, there was some Mars info on that site.

HA HA SHE CRIED, SHOOK HER WOODEN LEG AND DIED

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.