Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Vanja, Oct 16, 1999.

1. Vanja Registered Senior Member

Feelings on reincarnation...?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Reincarnation is as possible an outcome of death as any other theory I've ever heard. Sorry I can't be more specific than that, but I don't like certain reincarnation templates or heirarchies, and cannot advocate them in any way.

But reincarnation itself is as subjectively valid as any other notion.

Incidentally, if Christ returns in a body, does that constitute reincarnation? Excepting, of course, the idea that Christ never died, which renders that aspect moot.

thx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    "Let us not launch the boat until the ground is wet." (Khaavren of Castlerock)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. JMitch Registered Senior Member

Hypothetically speaking, Christianity has got it all wrong. What are the chances that a soul is expendible rather than re-usable. Wouldn't it get crowded with all of the discarded souls lying around. The disposable "life force" hypothesis is also at odds with the universal theme of cycles.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Tiassa,

Just wanted to bring up the minor technicality that Christ did in fact suffer a physical death, and was resurrected to life eternal on the 3rd day following his demise on the cross. Therefore, he wouldn't have to be reincarnated at all.

8. Vanja Registered Senior Member

JMitch-Souls have never been expendable. Also, the Bible states that there is a finite amount of space in Heaven. It will have just enough space.

9. PercyPea Registered Senior Member

It should have enough room, they've been workin away at it for the past 2000 years

other wise im going to have to tell em what a shambles they been

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

------------------
    Im a shambles, but Im Gods shambles!!

[This message has been edited by PercyPea (edited October 15, 1999).]

10. truestory Registered Senior Member

Vanja,

I really don't have "feelings" about reincarnation. If it does happen, though, I think that it is just another short, temporal period where the eternal soul is housed in a physical vessel.

11. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

i beileive in reincarnation, i beileive that i was reincarnated from a alien fighter pilot. and i also beileive that my friend was reincarnated from a great general (you'd have to see it to beileive it) but my g/f called and i gotta go talk to the old ball and chain

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

thats all i got

------------------
    dexter

12. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I believe in reincarnation and would like someday to validate it's existence. But if you knew you were going to be born into a new body after you died, would you be more tempted not to behave yourself in this life because you could always make it up in another life? I know this hasn't been the effect with the lamas, but the public tends to be a little more jaded and decadent than they are. It might be too easy to say "I'm tired of this life. I'm going to get a new one."