Relativity and simple algebra

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by ralfcis, Jan 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralfcis Registered Senior Member

Ok Dave you want to get to know me better? How kind.
    After Christmas my dad died of COVID and a week later I suffered a widowmaker heart attack. I decided to use my spare time to get back to my old forum but it had changed. I didn't like the changes but I liked the fact the forum promised me the same freedom I had enjoyed while exploring this subject matter. I decided to re-write my 77 page thread which was burdened by corrections. But as I began I found another mistake, the moderator said something that made me realize he didn't understand the first thing about what the thread was about. Yada, yada, yada, (leaving out details) I decided to begin again elsewhere. Happy now Dave?

Oh and if you also doubt the veracity of these claims, check out my Twitter. I use the same name on all my platforms and forums.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Nowhere have I asked about the history of your idea. You volunteered your history. Presumably because you figure we should know.

My sympathies about your dad. Mine died in March - fortunately, of natural causes.

OK, you can't link to Google docs.

Anyway, here's your diagram.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ralfcis Registered Senior Member

So a prime rule of relativity is the principle of relativity. This carries over into how relative velocity is depicted in spacetime diagrams, all the physical parameters should be the same no matter how it's drawn. But I can see at least 3 disturbing differences between how the Loedel diagram differs from the Minkowski depiction:

1. The distance separation between Bob and Alice should be the same. At t'=2, it's 1.5 ly in the Md but only 1.414 ly in the Ld. It's because the stationary frames are different, one is the Earth and the other is a blank empty space. The time units of the blank space are different from Earth's time units so the distance units will also differ. The Cartesian grid is square and it's a different unit size in the two depictions.

2. The light signals are not the same length even though they represent the same velocity of c. The pink light signal travels twice as far in twice the time (as the yellow) chasing Alice speeding away from it. If I'm going to represent both perspectives on a single spacetime diagram, I'm going to have to compensate for this apparent imbalance in symmetry when depicted in a single spacetime diagram.

3. In the Loedel diagram, Bob and Alice's lines of perspective simultaneity overlapped in a single thin red line but in the Minkowski we have horizontal blue lines representing Bob's lines of perspective simultaneity and reciprocal time dilation between the two perspectives. I'll need to explain why that disappeared in the Ld. Looks like I made a mistake in the slope of Bob's lines of simultaneity in the Ld. They do not tilt up going to Alice but tilt down.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ralfcis Registered Senior Member

So I assume you want me to try using image directly from my computer. I guess this forum has infinite storage capacity.

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It has nothing to do with me. I am simply a forum member helping you get up to speed so you can present your ideas comprehensibly.

Yes, storage resources and behaviors have changed a lot since you were on on your old forum. They would not have supplied the functionality to attach your own files if they didn't want you to use it.

9. ralfcis Registered Senior Member

No you didn't ask, you implied I must have been kicked off because of my idea red flags and all. This isn't my first rodeo. Dig harder if you must or just drop it.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Not an implication; a red flag. You are having a lot of difficulty communicating your ideas here; it's not an entirely unreasonable thing to consider.

11. ralfcis Registered Senior Member

No I'm having a lot of difficulty formatting my ideas on a new forum. If you're having trouble understanding the content, I'll help you with that the same way you're helping me with the formatting. Thanks for that. Conspiracy theorists also publicly speculate just asking questions without wanting answers. Just sayin'.

12. ralfcis Registered Senior Member

Can I just start this entire thread over?

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

That was what I was thinking too.

At the risk of presuming for them, I doubt moderation would have a problem with that - but it's always a good idea to ask them. Just report this thread and ask them in the report.

Once you've started a new one, you should report this thread and ask to have it locked.

14. ralfcis Registered Senior Member

I got permission to restart this thread but I can't get to it for a few days. I want to keep the same title. Will that be a problem?

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Not a problem. This thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.