Religion and women.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

A misogynist, worse than another misogynist?
    Now I know you have no real understanding of what you’re saying.

You’re problem is one of shallowness. If he said he was the greatest King that ever lived, would you be on here saying that this man is the greatest King that ever lived?

For someone to be a misogynist, they have to actually hate women. They would have to do, or say things that mean they hate women. Having an opinion about a women, or calling out a liar and a fake like wegs, is not being hateful of women, or wegs.
    There is no way, especially with your poor psycho-analyst skills , to determine if this fellow, or myself, actually hate women, by the words we write. You need material proof.
    Show why what is said means the person who said it hates women. When you can do that, then we can have a serious conversation.

Your incessant obsession with falsely accusing men of being misogynistic, and sexist, says more about you than those you accuse.
    You are looking very sad right now (to people without this bs mindset), while wegs sits back and let you look daft.
    You should let her speak for herself. I assume she’s a grown woman.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

You sound like a holocaust denier. "The Holocaust was not an anti-Jewish thing. Other religions were killed in German camps, you know!" That is perhaps the second most popular holocaust denial. (#1, of course, is that it never happened.)

wegs likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dicart Registered Senior Member

So saying God is a man was a joke ?
    No, fore sure.
    Id dont laugth either, but it is because i dont understand the joke (i am, so poorly equipped for thinking)

Now, seriously, you understand that identifying God to anything that you have around you and that you can understand is idolatry ?

Because you are sourcing The Bible (and not understanding anything that the translations problems can lead)

Perhaps you could find something helpfull here :

https://www.openbible.info/topics/idolatry

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

It’s not a lie if it’s true. lol If you post misogynistic comments, you’re likely a misogynist.

Misogynist: “Waaa, I’m not a misogynist! You’re lying about me!”

Rational person: “Um, you post sexist and misogynist comments, so...”

Misogynist: “But, that’s just masculinity, not misogyny. I don’t hate women, I just think they should do as they’re told, not venture too far out into the workplace and if they get out of line, use violence if need be.”

Rational person: “Yea, that’s why you’re a misogynist.”

Misogynist: “Show me why you think I’m a misogynist.”

Rational person: “I just did.”

Misogynist: “Where?”

If it weren’t so sad, it might be funny. But it’s actually scary because these guys are out in the world ...among us.

James R likes this.
  8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Wrong again. You have been consistently wrong about this. Is that because you know you are a misogynist, and are trying to redefine the word so you can feel better about yourself? Or are you just plain ignorant, and are unable to learn from your mistakes?
    ==================
    mi·sog·y·ny
    /məˈsäjənē/

noun
    1. dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.
      "she felt she was struggling against thinly disguised misogyny"
    ==================
    mi·sog·y·ny | \ mə-ˈsä-jə-nē \
    Definition of misogyny

: hatred of, aversion to, or prejudice against women - "a culture that promotes violence and misogyny"

9. billvon Valued Senior Member

I once had a long argument with a racist who kept saying "I am not a racist! I am just pointing out the scientific fact that blacks are not as intelligent as whites, and can't do the same kinds of jobs. That's not racism, that's science."

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Of course. "Man naturally heads over his wife and family, and his wife naturally understands that as she now has a child to develop. It is better if the man provides for his family, so that his wife can be a full time mother, for the sake of the child, and the structure in which the child is to develop."

That is a perfect example of prejudice against women. You have pre-decided that it's better if the man provides and the woman is a full time mother.

11. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Yea, it’s sad. What’s also sad is to justify the behavior by stating it’s somehow “God’s will” to berate and demean women. As a believer, that’s troubling but many religious circles have threads of misogyny woven throughout them. These men are claiming that this is how “God created” masculinity, but they’re delusional and it’s best to ignore them like swatting a fly away at a picnic.

12. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Okay.
    Show that it was hatred of women, and not witches?

13. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

@bilvon

Did you read that bilvon?
    She hates men who believe in God
    See how she can deal with such men?
    Just swat them away like you would a fly, at a picnic.
    She also hates flies

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Luchito Registered Senior Member

Excuse me but pardon me, but writing loose biblical verses to make your point is a complete nonsense.

15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Doh! Just spotted one. Two actually. ^^

A misogynist sighting.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

They’re among us...

16. Dicart Registered Senior Member

I dont hate my "enemy", or competitor, because i know there is an arbitrator and i know that my ennemy is weak because he is poor in mind doing errors, like i did myself before i understand i did errors, and i am fair.
    Hate is not in the christic message.
    Therefore i am extremly powerfull, because i am weak, and with humility i say that i am not the one who is powerfull.

17. Luchito Registered Senior Member

So, playing to be "the victim" is how more adepts are collected?

I have been reading lots of links to "old eras" where women were treated worst than dogs" but those were old times. It is irrelevant to use those past events to declare today's society is against women and or similar.

It reminds me those guys who keep crying of still being victims of a war that ended 75 years ago! sheesss!!! Lol.

Some people can't let go.

I don't buy the story women are still victims of discrimination and abuses at great scale. I don't buy it, I don't see it, and because such are just sporadic cases, I truly don't care, the law is taking care of the abusers and that is the end of the story.

Nothing else to be modified in society.

18. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

You don’t need to experience something directly, to have empathy for those who do.

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

She hasn't said she hated anyone. She did say that Christians who believe that it is somehow “God’s will” to berate and demean women are delusional. I agree.

20. sculptor Valued Senior Member

It seems that pre-agriculture ("hunter gatherers" - lets add fishers) the main deity was female
    and then the burden of agriculture made men need a male deity to offset their labors, fears and frustrations of agriculture. Agriculture required many more hours of effort to get the food needed. And, then you had expanding kingdoms and taxation which increased the needed man-hours with no gain in food for the farmer.

Whenever someone feels the need to use a symbol to dominate or denigrate someone else, that is a crutch.
    If you use a crutch long enough, you become a cripple who needs the crutch all the time.

determining that your god is male makes no sense----but, there are those who would say that no religion makes any sense.

............................?

(imho---anyone who would speak for god is delusional.)

21. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I remember a few years back on here, an article posted in the human science section here discussing how pre-Neanderthal period, men and women viewed each other equally. Considering they were often migrating, women weren’t sitting at “home” waiting for the men to return. Men and women did what had to be done to take care of each other and their communities. Men weren’t dictating to women, there seemed to be an ease by which men and women worked together. This is based on archaeological evidence.

Not sure if you recall that thread but thought that was interesting. Fast forward to today, and women are still fighting to be taken seriously in the workplace. We have made incredible strides for sure but it’s a slippery slope if misogyny leaks back in.

22. Luchito Registered Senior Member

Open your mind a little wider.

Choosing men over women by ancient cultures based on their religions was not domination or attempts to denigration but setting ORDER.

Someone must be in charge, and men were the most suitable for the task.

Simple as that.

23. Dicart Registered Senior Member

Pardon, excuse me, but didnt you not just argue that something was writen in the bible that was explaining your point of view ?
    Here i give you many verse writen in the bible, so you can try to unserstand by yourself.

Why many verse would be nonsense when one verse would make sens ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.