Religion and women.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Reality check: somewhere between 75% and 90% of those executed for witchcraft were women.

Persecution for witchcraft was a deeply misogynistic and patriarchal enterprise.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dicart Registered Senior Member

And you found yourself overhelmed by those ? Poor puppy.

This is because God act like the Eagle, flying around, sensing what is, and finaly plunge to his particular prey.
    https://www.openbible.info/topics/eagle

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

You have to show that the reason those women were persecuted because they were women, and not perceived as witches.
    I dropped links where in some parts of the world men’s persecution of witchcraft outnumbered the women’s. Why was that if it was misogynistic?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

A pointless exercise, since you have confirmed that you do not take on board any information I present to you. Indeed, you typically just ignore it all.

If you're interested, the history of "witchcraft" and the various persecutions for it, are very well documented and studied by historians. Accusing a woman of being a witch was (and still is, in some places) a very convenient method for ridding oneself of a woman one dislikes, especially in an environment of kangaroo courts, show trials and prosecutors who stand to gain personally by "rooting out" supposed witchcraft.

Do you believe in witches, Jan? Does your religion teach you that women are witches?

What did you discover in your extensive research on the topic? You appear to have missed virtually all of the scholarly studies and books that have given us insight into the history of witchcraft, the particular motivations of the accusers and of the prosecuting authorities etc.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note: Jan Ardena has been warned again for trolling and knowingly telling lies. He has not modified his behaviour following previous warnings for the same things.

Specifically, Jan continues to engage in a number of the typical behaviours of trolls that are listed in dot-point form in our Posting Guidelines. Moreover, Jan has chosen to repeat his demands that other members explain why they believe he is sexist and/or misogynistic, when extensive explanations have already been provided in numerous posts, often with specific references to, or reproduction of, statements posted by Jan himself.

Due to accumulated warning points, Jan is now banned from sciforums for a period of 2 weeks (14 days).

wegs likes this.
  9. billvon Valued Senior Member

Not mine:

https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default...packet_statistics-about-sexual-violence_0.pdf
    No, I really don't have to. You can ignore them, of course.

10. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Anyone like to start a book when Jan returns first post will be along the lines

I'm not sexist and/or misogynist. Show me where you get that idea

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

billvon and wegs like this.
  11. Bells Staff Member

wegs likes this.
  12. Bells Staff Member

That's nice.

Unfortunately I wasn't joking.

Right..

You post as if you own a woman.

Maybe your jokes aren't funny.

I would hope that is not the only reason you married her.

That's just too easy!

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Your make-believe is nothing new. If the point of these straw men is just to have something to flame, neither is that innovative, or useful, or whatever.

Try it this way: Do you acknowledge and affirm that women are human beings and have human rights? It's a straightforward question, and I encourage you to answer it forthrightly; there is utility in doing so, and being able to answer correctly.

The problem with tellng a woman what she thinks is both general and particular. Generally, you run a high probability of being wrong. In particular, you're giving over to misogynists in order to complain about women, and, really, that just isn't new.

(Hint: Parsing out "women's rights" in order to advocate particularly for men's rights is most assuredly nothing new.)

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yep. "Where did I say that?"

15. Luchito Registered Senior Member

You took it wrong as it was expected.

I don't complaint about women, my complaint is the system giving preferences instead of equal treatment.

sculptor likes this.
  16. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

What are these preferences that women are receiving over men, as part of the ''system?''

17. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Women and children get on the lifeboats first.

There is pretty much already Universal Healthcare for women and children. Just women, not so much however.

Being a pretty woman seems to be more advantageous than a pretty man. Pluto has it rough. Women won't leave Jan alone for some reason.

18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Is that alone the
    • ravage type or
    • on their own type?

19. Seattle Valued Senior Member

It's the ...they are mean to him type because of his misogynistic comments.

20. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Arh the picking on me version got it

21. Bells Staff Member

And who made that determination?

And then ask yourself why they (and you) chose to make that determination and in a way, comparison.

There is?

Where?

Hmmm..

In what way?

Being an incel does that..

If only he'd leave us alone..

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

You should have at least tried to answer the question. That you're not capable of doing so tells us what we need to know. And, no, it's not really surprising.

23. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Learn to read my humor and it will make your life a little easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.