Religion, Dinosaurs, A.I. and Aliens

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by superstring01, Jul 19, 2007.

1. mybreathyourlung Registered Senior Member

No, I agree with all that. I think I was just misinterpreting what you were trying to say.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Yorda Registered Senior Member

the bible doesn't say when the world was created, so christians should have no problem with dinosaurs. according to the bible there was giant humans (gen6:4), so why not giant animals too?

i like the egyptian creation story: it says that the sun dies in the evening, then it is reborn again in the morning. this means that the world is not created in the past, it is created every day. that's what i believe.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Some theists have attempted to calculate from the bible when the world was created, and they seem convinced that it happened some 6000 years ago.

There is a difference in liking the idea of a particular belief and actually believing it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Yorda Registered Senior Member

they were fools. the world isn't created in time, it's created in 7 steps.

i both like it and believe it. i even know it.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Just saying..

9. matthyaouw Registered Senior Member

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yeah right lol

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. kmguru Staff Member

Hinduism, or more accurately, Sanatana Dharma is a philosophy and not a belief system. Therefore there is no conflict with science. Even the Puranas and other story books talk about different planets, intelligent creatures and space ships, teleporters etc. Where there is such advanced technologies, it needs Intelligent Systems (A.I.s). So NO conflict there.

12. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

You dont need evolution to have occurred for dinosaurs to have existed... only for other species to have developed from them.

13. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

What about angels??? surely to the christian mind that would qualify as non human life elsewhere in the universe.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

LOL It's besides the point really but how on earth do you suggest the dinosaurs came to be then ?

15. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

I personally am not suggesting anything (I believe in evolution). But we can just as easily say "there was a dinosaur" as "there was a microscopic cell" or "there was a lump of rock" or "there was a density". As soon as you start with "there was a..." you are not expalining the origin of anything.

One could equally suggest that at one point there were a far greater number of species in the world and alot of them have died out. That would explain fossils and allow belief in dinosaurs without the need for evolution. (if one where a christian:shrug

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok, I see what you mean. But that doesn't change the fact that one must be pretty delusional to not believe in evolution in one form or another.

17. Reiku Banned Banned

I hope you realize by now superstring, any answer from me will be scientific jargon dipped in christian religion... Only thing is, i'm expendable with certain theories concerning religion...

Dinosaurs (terrible-lizards)
    1. And Satan was a lizard was he not? And in the Bible it says, ''and the Earth was formless and Dark...''
    Well, if light resembles good, then dark is evil, so what was this evil on earth? I think it was the Dinosaurs... some interesting correlations between the satanic serpent, the dinosaurs and the concept of a religious darkness.

2. Artificial Intelligence does not go against my God, or christianity for that matter.

3. Aliens eh?... well, there is an infinite amount of space, and an infinite amount of matter probable, and the universe has infinite possibilities - thus, should we be so selfish to presume we are the only intelligent beings? In an infinite universe, we should have infinite expectations...

Reiku :m:

18. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

19. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I once dated a fundamental Christian. Man she was HOT. Anyway, RE: dinosaurs; according to her fossilized dinosaur bones are fake, they were made by Satan and his minions to test Good Christians faith. Well she isn't buying into it. Nope.

The possibility that Dinosaurs ever lived does not exist in her Christian World.

Michael

20. DaleyPaley Registered Member

There are some liberal christians who claim there is no conflict between the bible and evolution. Er, sorry, but there is a HUGE conflict there.

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Your statement is no better than theirs, it has no premises and no actual argument.

22. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

You should get out more.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member