Religion, Dinosaurs, A.I. and Aliens

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by superstring01, Jul 19, 2007.

1. John99 Banned Banned

It was shown in the Charlton Heston video.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

What "Charlton Heston video"?
    And was it proof or was it typical TV-style unsupported crap?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Funny, this brings back some old arguements I had with my mother. She was a devoted Christian. I would go to school and they taught me that I was an animal. I would go home and tell my mother that we were animals and she would go through the roof.

To this day, I clearly remember her responses. She would get enraged, and proclaim that we were humans not animals. I would tell my teacher that my mother told me we were not animals, we were human. My teacher's response was subdued compared to my mothers response. But my teacher insisted that I was an animal and if I answered otherwise on my tests, the answer would be wrong. So as a kid, it was perplexing. I could not understand why my location should affect my status in the world. But it was a lesson I learned, at school I was an animal. At home I was a human.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It was just another of those mysteries of my youth that remained unexplained for a period of time.

I think of myself as a Christian and I have no problem with evolution. I view evolution and religion as two ends of the same string. Both seek to know the face of God. However, I know a good number of Chrisitans who find Christianity inconsistent with evolution and some of the sciences and take a very narrow and strict intrepretation of the Bible. In their view God created all of the animals of the world at the same time. Some like the dinosaurs died out. But they did not evolve. So everything living today, lived at the instant of creation. Now that does not fully explain the issue. But that is how I have heard it explained. The differences get chalked up in the one of those mysteries column.

On the subject of Aliens, I don't think it is a problem for most Christian sects. Catholics have embraced the idea of aliens and are not threatened by it.

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0802629.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creationism#Hinduism_and_creationism

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

The video in the comaprative religion forum. That was the first i have seen or heard of that but it is documentary style. 'The visitor' linked a 5 or 6 movies it is the first link.

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Why didn't you say so. Referring to a link in a different thread without saying it's in a different thread is rather silly.
    So, like I said: "typical TV-style unsupported crap".
    It was pseudoscientific nonsense used as a mouthpiece for known cranks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mysterious_Origins_of_Man

http://www.csicop.org/sb/show/nbcs_origins_show/

So, one more time: what "proof" that humans and dinosaurs co-existed?

Oh yeah, The Visitor even credited the show incorrectly: it was NBC, the BBC doesn't stoop to such tripe.

9. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Your pointing out I quoted the wrong network source? That's your big arguement?
    Ha, Ha, Ha.....!!!

That shows just how little proof you really have. That's all you had to go with? How pathetic.
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

Sure, the program was widely criticised by the scientific community.
    The information contained within blows the lid off all of their cover stories.

It wasn't about dinosaurs living with man, That was only the first few minites.
    The real topic was the great ancient civilizations that existed here before us both the scientific and religious communities are denying.
    They are neither one telling their followers the truth. You think I'm on the religious side?
    Oh no. They've all got blood on their hands. Both sides have killed innocent people to keep this thing a secret.

Calling me a known crank....Thank You.

I wouldn't be associated with the so-called "scientific community" if they paid me a billion dollars.

The world history they promote has been proven to be nothing but lies, and anyone who stands up to them and exposes truth is ostracized.
    You can keep your doctor degrees in the scientific community just as you can keep them in the religious one.

Dr. holier than thou, reverend holy Dr. so and so...It's all the same thing. A closed system.

Patting each other on the back, while hiding the truth and murdering to keep it hidden.

Then they brainwash little flunkies like you to spew their propaganda.
    Like spreading rose pedals before their holy feet.

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

The word you were looking for was "misinformation".

Try re-reading my post. I wasn't referring to you.

Evidently. You appear to not know what science actually is.

Proven?
    Only to the extremely gullible and acknowledgeable.
    You can keep your doctor degrees in the scientific community just as you can keep them in the religious one.

Murdering?
    My, you're deeper into the crank theories than I thought you were.

Brainwash?

11. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

as for us as muslims(not the fanatiques ones), we do beleive in aliens, and in an aline life, so wan't be a problem for us, it's not logical to think that in the hall univerce, we are alone.
    the dinausors thing, i don't know if it is even mentioned, but maybe they are, i don't know, i don't know all, or even much,

12. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Your not even capable of putting up a good argument.
    Please, go home kid or leave the expose' to the grown ups.
    Now you've drug the other thread over into this one. OK, look...
    I'm trying not to turn this into a insult war... so I'll apologise if I've offended you.
    If you can settle down for a minite and listen, I'll go over this one more time.

I said over on the other thread "all the official Ministers of Science are also Chief Defenders of the Faith".
    That is true. It applies here as well.
    This isn't just about dinosaurs and man living at the same time anymore.
    We are way beyond that now.

It also isn't a question of if "Creationists" or "Evolutionist" are correct.
    They are both in on this massive cover-up.

There is a "terrible secret" they are hiding about our true history.
    And because they kept you from learning about it...it's about to repeat.

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I'm not trying to "put up" any sort of argument.

Not me. Sifreak make some ridiculous comment, John99 claimed the link supported Sifreak's statement.

Balls. There is no "cover up".

No there isn't.

No they haven't.

Pfft, why do always edit your posts after I've replied?

You haven't offended me, but you HAVE shown yourself up...
    Kid? Grown-ups? I've been reading the stuff you're supporting for close to 5 decades...

14. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

You just did it too.
    I find my posts always need a little editing. They come out like a rough first draft.
    It's not related to the replies.

Perhaps you just replied too quick.
    Why don't you stop and think a little while before you type?
    You know...let your brain do the walking instead of your fingers for once.

Digest what you've just read, before you type an automatic rebuttal.
    If you continue to refute everything, no one will believe a single word you say.

15. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

For the sole reason that I wanted to answer your edit without posting a second time directly after my last.

Ah you see... Why do people tend to assume I don't think? Maybe it says something about everyone else's speed of thinking, hmmm?

Like that, for instance. It's far from automatic and far from "undigested".

I'll stop refuting once you post something that doesn't require it.

16. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

What kind of stunt do you think you pulled over on post # 165?
    John didn't post any of that de-bunk nonsense you put in quotes.

You drug that senseless fodder in from some woo-woo site of yours and tried to pass it off as him siding with you.

That's really desperate

The special was really full of factual information about the way the scientific community put a "knowledge filter" on everything.
    I've had my differences with Graham Hancock on things in the past, but I thought he did a great job in this documentary, "The Mysterious Origins of Man".

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I see you had a failure of comprehension.
    John99 specifically used that video as a reference. The quotes I gave were comments on the video as indicated by the links underneath them - at no time did I imply that John had written them.

Wrong. See my comment above: what I quoted was refutations of the (woo woo) Heston "documentary" and thereby showing explicitly that John and I were on opposing sides of the argument.

Maybe if you'd bothered actually reading you'd see there was nothing desperate about it.
    John gave the video as a source for the claim that dinosaurs and humans coexisted (post #161, a reply to my post #160) and as should have been obvious to anyone capable of reading the quotes were pointing out that the video in question was far from scientific, thus showing that the "proof" was no such thing.

18. jpappl Valued Senior Member

The Visitor,

Can you fill me in on what this terrible secret about our true history is ?

19. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

I've said that I wouldn't talk about it in a public forum on the other thread.
    This much you should be able to get on your own by comparison.
    In the movie, what was the "terrible secret" implied to mean?

-That the apes were really not the first ones to develop a civilization.
    -They were really slaves who only outlived their master's destruction.
    -Their sacred scrolls though they contained the truth, were being interpreted to omit this.
    -It was done in an attempt to prevent them from suffering the same fate.

But that's not how history works is it? It didn't work for them and it won't work for us either.

Covering up history always has the opposite effect.
    It only guarantees the outcome will be the same because no one could learn from it.
    So...since there is an active cover-up, that is the intended outcome then.
    There can be no doubt.

20. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Why can't you provide specifics ?

I am not watching a movie. Please in your own words or if you already have described any of it in detail then link me there.

Thanks.

21. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Sorry, I guess some aren't familiar with it. I'll copy this down and change it a little for you.

-Mankind (us as today's dominate species) were really not the first ones to develop a civilization here.
    -Mankind were really slaves who were spared and outlived their master's destruction.
    -Mankind's sacred scrolls though they contained the truth, were being interpreted to omit this.
    -Some (that have participated in the cover-up) may beleive it will prevent mankind from suffering the same fate.

But that's not how history works is it? It didn't work for them and it won't work for us either.
    Covering up history always has the opposite effect.
    It only guarantees the outcome will be the same because no one could learn from it.

So...since there is an active cover-up, that is the intended outcome then.
    There can be no doubt.

However that's not the part I won't talk about though.
    It has to do with the manner in which mankind were made slaves.

22. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Describe civilization. How advanced ?

Who, what was the master ?

Man's sacred scrolls ? Explain please.

23. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Sorry. It is an interesting subject. I enjoy it.
    These things are just my opinion, I'm not saying I'm the "man from earth" here.
    I may have said too much already.

Knowledge just for knowledge sake is worthless.
    It will only make you worse.
    If you keep asking for truth, you'd better be ready to abide by what you find.
    Someday you may just get what you asked for.