Religion Sub-forum....WHOA!!

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by PsychoticEpisode, Sep 19, 2013.

1. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

As I waded my way through the Religion sub-forum for a few days it reminded of a time when I was slated to visit a hospital in a part of the world that wouldn't be a newlywed's honeymoon destination. However the government and the local officials wanted me to check it out. Not wishing to anger anyone, especially the people who contracted me, I naturally said yes. The bus carrying us broke down and we had to walk about 10 km, but that's beside the point.

So we finally get there and I'm taken to see the person in charge. So when I'm introduced to the manager I get the sense that something is wrong. I couldn't help but notice a tag on his wrist indicating he was a patient, not a director. I calmly walked over to the authorities who had accompanied me and told them my suspicions. Anyway to make a long story short, it turns out this guy was a patient. The general manager and all but one of the paid staff had gone home or to places unknown, something they did every day. The only staff member there was sleeping off a hangover in an outbuilding. Needless to say it caused quite a stir. Was it an asylum for the mentally ill? A prison? They could have been patients or inmates for all I knew, but they were running the place.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

PsychoticEpisode, you ask : "Was it an asylum for the mentally ill? A prison?"

PsychoticEpisode, it is your story, evidently you were there, so please enlighten the rest of us.
    What exactly was it?

Do we have to Post Photos of our wrists before you will finish the story?

If that is the case, who do you suppose should lead by example?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

DMOE: it isn't important as to what it really was. It might as well have been the Costa Concordia, a ship without a rudder, aimlessly navigating through dangerous waters until disaster strikes.
    I didn't feel comfortable in there, thus i'm out.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Did it look like this?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

PsychoticEpisode, if it is not important, why did you start a Thread predicated upon it?

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I think his point was that he felt uncomfortable in the Religion subforum... is that an accurate understanding PsychoticEpisode?

10. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

TROOPER: LMAO.... I don't think so but it was getting dark.

DMOE: Don't earn your moniker...figure it out.

Kit: I had to get out, it's possessed by demons

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  11. lightgigantic Banned Banned

No doubt you would feel more comfortable doing yoga, since it wouldn't offend your refined sensibilities

12. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Why post photos of your family here?

13. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Thats ok.
    It's not uncommon for mentally ill people to deride others who display the same characteristics,

14. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Well at least you have an excuse, thank God for that.

15. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Originally posted by ... - you guessed it! - PSYCHOTIC EPISODE.

16. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

PsychoticEpisode, what has this Thread got to do with Ross' sister...and I thought you said you had already come out?! So...go figure!

17. lightgigantic Banned Banned

will the irony never end?

:shrug:

18. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Oh, the love, the luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv! You can just feel it filling the air!

19. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

LOL... judging by some of the responses.....never

20. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

And why are you back, Psychotic Episode? A while back, you told us you're done here and that you're leaving for good. But here you are again. How come?

21. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

The Religion subforum?

Anyway, it's like this: say you lived next door to lightgigantic and he insists on playing Ravi Shankar music all day long but so loud that you know its disturbing for many. You ask him to be quiet, you phone the police yet it never stops. Eventually you have to do something. Moving away won't help the next guy and the music keeps on playing. Morally you know what LG is doing is reprehensible, absolutely no consideration for others. No other recourse but to take matters into your own hands. Yes I will piss off Ravi Shankar lovers including LG, but for the sake of sanity, it's a price you have to pay.

22. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Awww, the bromance!

Yes, LG is, despite everything, irresistibly adorable and irresistibly attractive.
    He can make the horniest brute sigh with metaphysical exasperation.

23. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

PsychoticEpisode, at least YOU "know its disturbing for many" - so being self-centered could not be the reason for taking "matters into your own hands" ! "Good lookin' out", for everyone else!

PsychoticEpisode, " Oh, the love, the luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv! " for your fellow man.