Religion vs. Thought

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Bambi, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Xev Registered Senior Member

Thanks Cris- and Stanley, and Kai. Although I find it hard to believe that he could be serious, I have met plenty who believed in the same nonsense Sir Loone believes in.

Indeed! Even the name - loon - is appropriate.

Thanks for the advice.

Lightbeing:
    Actually, the Egyptians did not believe in hell. If you failed to live a virtuous life, your heart was weighed against the feather of truth (Maat) and, your heart would be found to be heavier than the feather. It would be fed to a God who was half-baboon, half lion, and you would simply cease to exist.

Hoth and Godless: I agree, I was more or less born an athiest. I remember going (read - dragged) to a church when I was around nine and wondering what the point of it all was. I didn't really become an athiest until I was twelve, and not officially until I was seventeen....but the process was never earth-shattering, rather a simple progression.

I never denied God because I never believed in him. Perhaps Calvin was right, some are born 'saved' with the knowledge of God, some aren't.

But more likely that there is simply not a God.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Amp Registered Senior Member

Hey there,

The points you all made are well reasoned. I could argue but why bother when I think you may well have convinced me of the agnostic point of view, @ the very least. It is written that "...the heavens declare the glory of God...". And in bringing up the evidences of science and logic woefully inadequate though they are one may be able to see two sides of the coin as some Conjectures,Theories and such tend to reinforce the arguments for there being a pre-existing Deity.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Peace Amp

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.