Religion vs. Thought

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Bambi, Sep 29, 2001.

1. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

If it's so marvelous to you, why are you fighting against it in every post?

The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
    (Proverbs 10:22, KJV).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Taken Registered Senior Member

Take your money and get behind me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Taken Registered Senior Member

Phil 3:1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things again is no trouble to me, and it is a safeguard for you.
    Phil 3:2 Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision;
    Phil 3:3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,
    Phil 3:4 although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more:
    Phil 3:5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee;
    Phil 3:6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless.
    Phil 3:7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
    Phil 3:8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,
    Phil 3:9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,
    Phil 3:10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;
    Phil 3:11 in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
    Phil 3:12 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.
    Phil 3:13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
    Phil 3:14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
    Phil 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;
    Phil 3:16 however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.
    Phil 3:17 Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.
    ********* Phil 3:18 For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ,
    Phil 3:19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their appetite, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their minds on earthly things. ***************
    Phil 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;
    Phil 3:21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

*Originally posted by Taken
    Take your money and get behind me.

What are you hoping to accomplish with this?

Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever.
    (Psalms 112:3, KJV).

The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
    (Proverbs 10:22, KJV).

But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
    (Deuteronomy 8:18, KJV).

He blesseth them also, so that they are multiplied greatly; and suffereth not their cattle to decrease.
    (Psalms 107:38, KJV).

Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
    (Psalms 35:27, KJV).

Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.
    (Proverbs 8:18, KJV).

Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
    (Proverbs 3:16, KJV).

If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
    (Luke 16:11, KJV).

How do you hope to get the true riches if you cannot handle ordinary money correctly?

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
    (Matthew 6:33, KJV).

8. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

The Word of God stands 'Supreme'!

Thank you 'Taken', the Word of God is food for the soul that sustains you and let the Holy Word of God and the Holy Spirit of God lead the way!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If it was not for the Word of God and the Holy Spirit of God within me, I would have nothing to say, well not much at all on this forum but I love Jesus and His Word the Bible! And Christians need each other! We are not 'Lone Rangers' but the family of God! Well most of the time I feel like a 'Lone Ranger' but that did not bother me at all! And there are committed Christians every where that will stand for the Holy and the one True Faith! I shall study to show myself approved, a workman not ashamed, rightfully dividing the Word of Truth! Amen! Glory be to God!

9. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

Oh no!!!

He's escaped again. Would somebody call the authorities. I'll keep him distracted.

"Good Mr. Looney, put down the bible. Let's not make a scene. Good he's just going on another rant. Someone fetch the thorozine. Yes, nothing to worry about... god loves you... please don't hurt any of these good people."

10. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

Re: Oh YEAH!!!

Take it easy 'Mr. Teg' !

And I will never put down the Holy Word of God, for it is in me and I want more from the God that loves me unconditionally!

The Spirit, and the Word is in me! Satan is defeated and God shall keep, and triumph over me, myself, and I! (the flesh)

Beware! The Spirit of God is God, and Jesus is Lord of my life! Him alone shall I trust, and science is cool, but it can only deals with the natural! But Jesus is "a friend that stands closer then a brother."

You are in need!

But I have the God of Abraham on my side, and Truth!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2002
  11. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: Hi Tony!

Like to clarify that!?

12. Taken Registered Senior Member

Clarification:
    The word of God is a marvelouse thing full of hope and power. It should be offered as a gift of hope and help. Not used for persecution and self-justification. I enjoy the fact that you are so excited about it. And you offer it as a help. It is where you obviously find your strength and joy and you try to give it to others for that same purpose. When you offer it you are giving what you consider your greatest treasure and you give it from the goodness of your heart. Not everyone is as excited about the word of God as of yet...(it will come)....so some see it as a ranting lunatic right now. You were once there to, but you have tasted of the joy of haveing your heart spilling over with it and you know what it is that awaits them. I think it is great!

13. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

My God..is God!

Amen Taken! But I was asking Tony1 what did he mean buy the statement to you: {quote}"Now, now. You know your just making that up."{unquote}

What did he mean about that?
    :bugeye:

Just curious.

14. Taken Registered Senior Member

Best I can figure..Tony seems to be concerned that I am under the controll of demonic influences. *chuckel*
    Apparently someone has spread a nasty little rumor that satan is strong enough to take from God what is His...and Tony has been a bit taken in by that idea.

15. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

God's Glory is forever!

Well Taken you know your not alone there at all!

I had the same thing said of me buy others, but I am in earnest! And you know Jesus Himself was said to be that, the Pharisees were committing the unpardonable sin when they said that to Jesus! And Tony1 did not do any of that. But on this site you will expect to be called even worse then a 'demon' (fallen angel)

or possession! But the Bible says:" to count it all for joy, and be exceedingly glad, for Great is your reward in Heaven! Because so persecuted the saints before you!" I'll find that scripture and post it's text, but when on this site and others like it you can expect it to get very UGLY sometimes. Read: Matthew 5:10-12, says what had been said more in dept.

And: Matthew5:16

"Friendly Fire" happens in a war, but we who are called of Christ are to be the lifters up and to edify each other, correct as necessary, but in Love and patience, longsuffering, so there be no schisms in the body. We need each other, so that's the way Jesus would have the Church to be together and not warring denominations!

Science is cool, but God is Greater then men!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2002
  16. dkb218 Banned Banned

2 Questions

1. Lets say that this theory of evolution is correct. What, in the grand scheme of things would this mean to todays man?

2. Why are you here? By that I mean why do you exist? What is your reason for being.

17. Sir. Loone Jesus is Lord! Registered Senior Member

E vs C

We are here; to the Glory of God! We are 'created' in His 'image', and not any others! A loveing God who cares for His own!

Jesus, was born in the 'image' of God the Father, and IS God!
    He is the very 'image' of the invisible GOD!

And we, the human-race, do serve a purpose that is far better, and a higher purpose then the repopulation of the Earth, and reconstituting the ground! We can live forever with Jesus, or we who hate Him shall burn forever! But God really rather have us all in Heaven with Him, and enjoy life forever!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2002
  18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Double Standard

I'll remind you, Sir Loone, to take it up with Tony1, who insists that nobody burns forever. In the meantime, what is the purpose of employing an argumentative point that is invalid even as an inquiry? I'm getting sick and tired of these Christians who can't even agree on what it is God orders them to believe before telling us all we have to believe it, too.

I mean, what? You all sound like a gaggle of stoned geese.

Onward! Chrisitan soldiers. Just agree on your battle plan for once. Then it isn't so farcical.

--Tiassa

19. Taken Registered Senior Member

Thats the shame of it tiassa...the orginal idea behind the gathering of "oursleves" together..Sunday go to meeting....was to ensure you didn't have a bunch of people running off half-cocked. It WAS supposed to be a organized humanitarian effort.
    But since the leaders of the churches got side tracked by the power of the offering plate..well you know the story.
    So I, like most am just gonna do the best I can with who and what I am and pray others do the same. Hopefully everyone will strive to do better everyday.

20. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

Re: My God..is God!

*Originally posted by Sir. Loone
    I was asking Tony1 what did he mean buy the statement to you: "Now, now. You know you're just making that up."

What did he mean about that?
    Just curious.

Taken wants me to start thinking I'm Satan.
    Her thinking is that I'm preaching from my "pocketbook."

She's making it up since she doesn't know what's going on.

Tony seems to be concerned that I am under the controll of demonic influences.

Not anywhere near as concerned as you should be.

*Apparently someone has spread a nasty little rumor that satan is strong enough to take from God what is His*

So far, you haven't given any indication that you are His, so how are we to know who you belong to?
    Based on what you're saying and doing, you are definitely under Satan's control.

*Originally posted by Sir. Loone
    "Friendly Fire" happens in a war, but we who are called of Christ are to be the lifters up and to edify each other, correct as necessary, but in Love and patience, longsuffering, so there be no schisms in the body.

You'd be surprised to find how little "friendly fire" there is in Christian circles.
    Most of what is called "friendly fire" comes from none other than...

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

(2 Corinthians 11:14,15, KJV).

You'll notice how poorly Taken receives correction, basically she doesn't.

*Originally posted by tiassa
    I'll remind you, Sir Loone, to take it up with Tony1, who insists that nobody burns forever.

Rather than insist, I'll merely quote.

But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
    (Psalms 37:20, KJV).

But since the leaders of the churches got side tracked by the power of the offering plate

More whiners and gripers have gotten sidetracked by that than leaders.
    As an example, I offer you.
    You are so completely unaware of what is going on that you spent a considerable amount of time mocking God's provision.
    It's relatively rare for leaders to do that.

21. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

And what does your religion deal with, the anti-natural?

Wait, if man was not around until recent history, then wouldn't that god not really exist until man arrived at the invention. So really didn't man create god, thus making man the automatic superior. But then I must agree, science is sufficiently explanatory.

Hey wait, is Jesus your god or the son of your god? You seem confused by this.

So that's why the Christian religion is composed of so many branches. You are out for brotherhood, except not with Later Day Saints/Catholics/myriad of other offshoots. The truth is that humans like to form groups/relations/cliques as way of not only finding others through restricted association, but also as a way of seperating themselves from the lesser. Tribes are the correct explanation. Countries/religion/tribes are forever at war with other similar structures. People need to hate each other. Religion is just another outlet of hate.

22. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

*Originally posted by Teg
    And what does your religion deal with, the anti-natural?

The anti-natural, the supernatural and the natural.

*But then I must agree, science is sufficiently explanatory.*

You must not want to know much.

*Religion is just another outlet of hate. *

That's why Christianity is much better.
    It is the outlet for love.

23. Taken Registered Senior Member

So many lies from Tony...and so little time to keep bothering with him on them...oh well. I shall shake the dust off my sandals and move on.