Religion

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by jax0509, Mar 27, 2006.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The first thing to be done is redirect monies that go to the churches of the world to go directly to feeding and educating those children.

The first institution to fall should be the Vatican. Sell off all their assets and use the monies to help find cures for those diseases.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

no. what are YO ramblin on abou now. i aint a mindreader

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

have I upset you, the discussion was in regard to the objective and subjective mind, not the exploitation of the planet. what has the subjective mind, to do with that.
    dont hate anybody, however can dislike, but hate is to strong, no man is worthy of hate.
    how so.
    a mind reader to what. you said
    I said
    so in answer to that statement, "the non religious, are the more pure."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. duendy Registered Senior Member

of course i will get pissedoff if you accuse me of 'ramblin on' when realliy its you not gettin me. better you say you dont understand?

i am saying that you cannot have objectivity without subjectivity, right?

if you believe you can is when the one-sidenes and trouble begin. if you see/understand and treay Earth, Nature, etc like an object without subjectivity is when you EXPLOIT it.....which is what is going on

yo seem to be confused and wonder what tis has got to do wit 'religion'? well if you cared t research intopatriarchal interpretation of religion you will know tat tey also denounce Nature and dream of some spiritual realiy. ie., thy are being more so SUBJECTIVE--also sides

so both belief systems, the patrirchal religios and scinetific materialist are like mirror refelctons of each oter. both one-sided, and oppressive

8. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

duendy, I have never once said, that you should only rely on your objective side, all I said is one should have dominion of the other, thus you will act according to whats right, for you, and not what other may say or do, take nobodys word for anything find out for yourself.(in my case objectivity take president over my subjective side.)
    I agree there are people who are single minded, either on the objective side or the subjective, they do tend to stamp there feet and say my ways the right way, dont we call these type of people fundys or zealots, however that is the foolish standpoint, better to be open minded, is it not.

PS
    there does seem to be an awful lot of these people, in public office, dont you think.

9. duendy Registered Senior Member

as said. we are RIDDLED with that mindset

10. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

duendy, spirit and matter are one.

i've become a god now, i'm so happy!
    will you too become?
    life is a paradise.

i always was god... i had just forgot it.
    that's why... those who fall in love... they often feel like... they've met.
    of course i've met... myself... god.

11. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

you are a real dumb prick

12. MadMaxReborn Life Through My Eyes Registered Senior Member

That is a problem too broad to attribute to religion. The exact same thing can be said about political views. The US has a view of democracy that other countries are resorting to war to keep that political view from spreading to them.

Max

13. Pi-Sudoku Slightly extreme Registered Senior Member

Are you Baron Max under a different name?

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

In many ways "advancement" is a sham. We only need to advance because of the bad effects of previous advancement. There are many things I wish to remain ignorant of; the lives of the creatures I ate, the problems of every single person, the mites that live in my eyelashes...

Science itself has come upon a limit of it's understanding. The positions of sub-atomic particles can only be estimated as probabilities. Uncertainty may be something we just have to live with.

15. MadMaxReborn Life Through My Eyes Registered Senior Member

No.

16. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

religion is for dumbasses who like to like to follow the trend rather than people who go against the norm and decide against a religion

17. MadMaxReborn Life Through My Eyes Registered Senior Member

If there are only two choices--go with the norm and go against the norm, and both options are being chosen--then regardless of which you choose you are following a trend.

I guess that a third possible choice would be to be completely and utterly original, but that is beyond human ability, and therefore not a plausible choice.

18. duendy Registered Senior Member

no it's not. to be orginal just means to see thru te tired old game of the literalist religionists versus the scientific materialistsand vice versa