Religious Nonsense

Discussion in 'Religion' started by StrangerInAStrangeLand, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. river

Christians were murdered in their millions as well

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

You see this is the problem when you insist on warping, well, practically everything (science, philosophy, religion, sociology, history, etc) for the sake of driving home your conclusions which are based on nothing but your own shit stained glasses.

Do you honestly expect people to just sit idly by, while you talk about the legacy of Hitler in one breath, wiggle your fingers, and then finish the sentence talking about the application of scripture?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

And if you really want to break out the movers and shakers of genocide in the modern age, you have to discard religion all together.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Why ?

8. river

Where is the empires of tolerance gone ?

9. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Because Brother No. 1 does it best.

10. river

Who is brother no. 1 ?

11. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Ever thought about the violence done to the US Constitution in the name of "Make America great again" lately. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. I am the cautionary voice to the many good persons who practise religion. They don't need their pastor tell them never to accommodate atheists or even people of different faith.

I was there, in church, listening to this asshole spout that dangerous crap and heard many hallelujas in response. Scary. I reminded me of my youth and how I had to avoid religious zealots, lest I be beaten.

Just as with other forms of governance, religions themselves are not exempt from judgement as to their social influences.

But when a Christian Bishop who declared a fatwah on Hypatia, who was subsequently literally torn to pieces, is elevated to the position of Sainthood, this is just insult upon injury.
    Injustice cannot be allowed to fester. When religion fosters injustice it must be corrected.

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Good luck with that line of inquiry, river.
    I am looking forward to the answer, that is if it is at all forthcoming.

river likes this.
  13. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

Once again, we come back to history, religion, sociology, etc vs anecdote.

Or to say the same thing another way, its more efficient to simply spot injustice, malice, moral decrepitude, etc at the onset, and avoid playing this shadow puppet game that requires one to bastardize everything in order to have a so called legitimate target to hate under false pretenses.

14. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

There is a link there.

15. river

Pol-pot ?

16. river

Didn't the U.S. of America constitution try to get away from religious thinking in Europe ?

17. Write4U Valued Senior Member

IMHO, it is the freedom to pursue the gratifications of greed (the accumulation of unearned and unnecessary resources)
    It is the implacable universal imperative of "movement in the direction of greatest satisfaction".

How much is enough and how much is too much and earns a natural response from the earth's ecosystem. Don't mess with mother Nature. Trying to cheat Nature and rob her of naturally restricted resources is a deadly sin and will get you in deep shit, to use someone else's phrase.

Don't worship God, respect Nature is my advise.
    Right now we are beginning to become a "surface nuisance", to be shed like dog sheds water.

but if you you think I am some wide-eyed bleeding heart, rest assured, I have an extremely realistic outlook on life and what it means, relatively speaking.......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. river

Alexander the Great had tolerance of other religions

19. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

The latest and the greatest.

20. river

Why ?

21. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

He removed 25 % of his domestic population in less than 10 years IIRC. All without the aid of religious mandated violence.

22. river

What does IIRC stand for ?

How ?

23. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

If I recall correctly

By reinventing the social wheel with something that wouldn't roll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.