Republican Cowards

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Feb 23, 2017.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Congressional Republicans are avoiding town halls across the nation, because they don't want to face their angry constituents. They are acting like the cowards they are. They are hiding in dark places. They don't have the guts to face their constituents. There is no good excuse for their cowardice.

They aren't doing their jobs.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/politics/republican-lawmakers-town-hall-events/

So what does this portend for Republicans and the nation? Will Republicans heed the message? Will they change course or will they continue being slimeballs? Is this the beginning of a sea change in American politics? Is this the beginning of the end for the Republican Party?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

IMHO, so long as they can line their pockets, they will continue to be slimeballs...

I hope this is the beginning of the end... not just of the Republican party, but of BOTH parties, as the two-party "us vs them" system needs to be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Trump is the biggest coward of all - remember the (8?) deferments for heel spurs? Now we have this:

"We're getting really bad dudes out of this country, and at a rate that nobody's ever seen before," Trump said Thursday. "And they're the bad ones. And it's a military operation."
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/donald-trump-deportation-military/index.html

Yeah, that's a military operation you narcissistic little (insert female body part to be grabbed). Just like this was:

“It’s amazing, I can’t even believe it. I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world, it is a dangerous world out there. It’s like Vietnam, sort of. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave solider”
    http://people.com/politics/trump-bo...nas-are-landmines-it-was-my-personal-vietnam/

I really have to stop watching the news and retire to a mountain top - this stuff is going to cause me to stroke out....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

8. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You see, there's no law that says they have to hold town halls. As long as they get re-elected, why should they care?

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Yes, there is no law requiring them to hold town halls. Let's pray they don't get reelected. If they don't have the guts to meet with and talk with the people they are suppose to represent, then they don't have the guts to represent those people. And that's their job. And if they cannot do the job, they shouldn't be reelected. In fact they should immediately resign so someone who would do the job could be found.

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I tend to think of Republican politics, on its best days, like one of those kinda-sleazy large corporations that barely manages to tiptoe on this side of the law, such that everybody pounces when they falter or stumble.

The object is to get through without facing the fire. If they think it possible to achieve re-election without destabilizing the arc of their hope, they'll try. Like a large corporation, they will only reverse course when they run out of options, having exhausted even their most desperately creative projections to hide the flagging returns.

If it's up to the GOP, sometime between 2019 and never. If Donald Trump forces their hand, it could be any day.

But it's also possible the Bannon administration is officially counting its days; I'm trying to wrap my head around the possibility that President Trump might have lost the military↱.

If Republicans answer their constituents, they might find themselves obliged to promise outside the range of their tolerance, something removed from the arc of their political hope. You know, concessions Republicans hate, like sincere governance, a substantial half a clue, and maybe a shred of human dignity.

But Donald Trump can blow the whole act to pieces for them.

No wonder Republicans are terrified.

Here's one for you:

• Try to arrange meeting with member of Congress. District aide tells you to take your letter to the office, slip it under the door. And when you do? Well, nine senior citizens attempting to deliver a letter to Rep. Bob Aderholt (R-AL04), according to the advice of a district aide. The congressman's office responded by summoning police↱"five police cars and a number of [college campus] security officers responded".​

Notes:

Countrycat. "AL-04 – Five Police Cars Respond To Senior Citizen 'Assault' On Aderholt's District Office". Left in Alabama. 22 February 2017. LeftInAlabama.com. 23 February 2017. http://bit.ly/2ldLWm7

Date, S. V. "As SEALs Fought For Their Lives, Trump’s Account Sent And Deleted A TV Tweet". The Huffington Post. 22 February 2017. HuffingtonPost.com. 23 February 2017. http://huff.to/2lbgZis

joepistole likes this.
  12. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Both parties need to reevaluate their goals. People are simply tired of the same old establishment politics.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They do not represent anyone who would have a complaint about Trump.

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Anyone who thinks this is a problem with both Parties needs to find other sources of information, and pay attention to them.

The problems with the Dems are ordinary matters of error, influence, and ineptitude. The problem with the Reps is fundamental - they cannot govern, at least not a democracy, because they have no coherent principles or ideology. They have been taken over by a fascist movement financed by rightwing authoritarian corporate interests, and their voting base is entirely in thrall to the media operations of this movement.
    The Republican voting base has no idea what new politics would look like, because they are in ignorance, amnesia, and denial of what Republican politics have been since Nixon.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    spidergoat likes this.
  15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Ear

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

And the Republican cowardice escalates....Trump is now only allowing right wing media to cover his press briefings. Trump is afraid to meet with the media. So now we have Republican congressmen refusing to meet with their constituents. AND the POTUS refusing to meet with the mainstream media, i.e. any media which isn't a drooling right wing media outlet. It's a blatant attempt to squash the media.

http://ktla.com/2017/02/24/white-house-blocks-major-news-outlets-blocked-from-press-briefing/

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017