Resources For Learning About The Jewish People and Judaism

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by mmatt9876, May 1, 2017.

1. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I believe Ireland had been invaded and colonized by the English, the Normans, and the Vikings at different times over the years. Was there anybody else involved? Did these conquering peoples recognize Ireland as it's own state or place or did they only recognize what was colonized?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I wanted to apologize for my indecisiveness and insecurity concerning my ancestry and religion. I think my mental illness may have played a role in it. I hope you guys do not hate me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I gave it some thought and I realized it was silly to think any of you guys could hate me for being indecisive or insecure.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I remember I visited a synagogue about four years ago when I had a car. It was a good experience. I believe the topic of the day and the sermon was about rebuilding the third temple in Jerusalem. Some of the service was in Jewish though so, being and English speaking Christian, I did not understand it. I have been considering converting to Judaism for a while now but I think I will stay Christian, it is what I am comfortable with. Everyone was open to me being there so I had a good time!

8. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

As you guys have seen I have gone through a lot of thought concerning my ancestry and religion. As for my ancestry I am a German, Polish, Irish, and Russian American. As for my religious beliefs I am a Christian.

9. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I think I had read or heard somewhere that the Jews were actually never slaves in Egypt as the Book of Exodus says but actually were well paid artisans and workers that helped out the Egyptians with building projects and returned to Israel with gold and silver. Is that true?

10. timojin Valued Senior Member

They were good artisans, they made the golden calf, they had gold and silver according to the bible.
    Think this way the South wanted to separate from the union , the North did not wanted give them independence . So the Jews moved to the Sinai desert, but the Egyptian did not wanted.

11. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Why did the Egyptians not want the Jews to leave Egypt?

12. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I have discovered my last name Meyer is shared by the German, English, and Jewish cultures but all three surnames have different origins.

13. timojin Valued Senior Member

One thing they were related . think after living together for 300 years. Beside If Jews were second class citizen , that means low cost labor . Think, Did the US wanted the South to secede from the union.

14. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I just wanted to share I do not believe I am Jewish because I have been obsessing and worrying about it.

15. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I did not know the Egyptians and Jews were closely related because I was unsure about how long the Jews occupied Egypt for. I guess after living together for 300 years, as you said, it is logical they mixed genes and cultures. I also did not know the Jews were second class citizens in Egypt who worked for lower wages. What did it mean to be a Jewish second class citizen in Egypt at the time? Did you have any rights? Did you have a favorable status? Did you make enough money?

16. timojin Valued Senior Member

We are talking 3600 year ago

17. river

And there is a difference between Israelites and Hebrews .

18. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

19. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I believe the difference between an Israelite and a Hebrew is that an Israelite is somebody who was born or lives in Israel and a Hebrew is somebody who follows the Jewish religion.

20. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I just wanted to share that I respect and appreciate the Jewish community and Judaism.

21. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I am not sure why I worry about having Jewish ancestry or not. Maybe I fear antisemitism? Posting about being Jewish brings me great anxiety for some reason. I remember asking my grandfather if we were Jewish and he told me we were not so there is honestly nothing for me to worry about because I am probably not Jewish.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Dude, get some help.

23. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I just wanted to share I do not believe I am Jewish or have any Jewish ancestry. I also wanted to share that I respect and appreciate the Jewish community and Judaism.