Resources For Learning About The Jewish People and Judaism

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by mmatt9876, May 1, 2017.

1. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I have decided I do good deeds and help other people for the sake of doing the right thing and not for any rewards.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. timojin Valued Senior Member

WE all are eine gemisch

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Yes, of course. Even people with ancestry from only one country may be more diverse than they think due to shifting borders and immigration over time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

What do you guys think about the existence of God? Everybody has their own personal and cultural beliefs and I respect theism, religion, and spirituality but I want to know more about what it means to be agnostic or atheist.

8. timojin Valued Senior Member

If atheist theory can make a living organism from raw chemicals then they have something , otherwise they are just speculating . Nobody have seen God and God is a spirit, but there are indirect evidences of the presence of God , look around you and observe nature and see the wisdom how things are put together and how they function , then bring your own conclusion .

9. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Yea, the complexity of nature and the complexity of the factors that allow us to exist here on Earth is pretty amazing and does not seem to have happened by accident.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  10. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I like to believe in God, religion, and spirituality because it gives me a sense of integrity and purpose I can find no where else.

11. timojin Valued Senior Member

Atheism does not have much to offer is like an empty glass, We the believers we live by hope.
    Read Isaiah 53 and see what happen to Yahshua (Jesus ) before the crucifixion and the reason for His deat
    That prediction was 600 years before it happened. God said He will bring the scattered people of Israel back to the promised land to Abraham . Read in the prophet Jeremiah and Ezekiel for the return of Israel . Now 1947 Israel become a free state , there are other prediction more.

12. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Thanks for the wisdom and bible readings. I am sure I am Roman Catholic.

13. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

What exactly is "atheist theory"? Did you just make that up? Or are you referring to what most educated people refer to as "science"?
    We've been studying the natural universe for a couple of centuries and we've been doing a fabulous job of figuring out how it all works. No, we haven't got all the details yet, but what we have is a whole lot better than throwing our arms up in the air and saying, "God did it, although we don't know how."

And by the way, what does ANY of this have to do with "the Jewish people and Judaism," which is the topic of this entire discussion? There are scientists in every human society that has developed an educational system.

Yes, the Jews have always put a strong emphasis on education and scholarship--if only because it helps them understand what their enemies are planning to do to them next.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  14. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

15. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I have given the idea of spirituality some thought and I have decided that I am Roman Catholic. Religions like Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, and all other benevolent religions are good things to look into.

16. timojin Valued Senior Member

I believe spirituality comes from God , religion comes from men lack of understanding God.

17. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

What is the difference between spirituality and religion?

18. timojin Valued Senior Member

Spirituality is a natural feeling to please your Creator . Religion : man made organization and rules imposed on how to get to heaven.
    The rule that give us God was : love thy God with all your heart and strength and love thy fellow man as yourself.

19. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

It sounds like the key to spirituality for a Christian is love for God, love for all people, and love for yourself.

20. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Almost all people who identify as Christians love God--or at least they say they do, or simply think they do. But as for loving all people, a large number of people who identify as Christians simply do not love all people.

They hate people whose ancestry is different from theirs. They hate people who are not Christians--especially (these days) Muslims. And, despite America's horror for the Holocaust, anti-Semitism is the most widespread form of religious and ethnic hatred in the USA--right now, today. Jews are hated more than African-Americans, Native Americans, Latinos, Hindus, Muslims, Asian-Americans and other ethnic and religious groups with large populations in the USA.

You'd never guess that Judaism, Christianity and Islam come from the same roots and share an enormous amount of their history and their doctrines.

For completeness, I'm also going to point out Baha'i and Rastafarianism, the two most recent offshoots of the Abrahamic traditions. They both arose so recently (Baha'i in the 19th century, Rasta in the 20th) that there are not yet any major hate groups striving to kill their followers, or at least to deport them. In fact, the Rastafarians' celebration of marijuana as a sacrament endears the Jamaican religion to two entire generations of American youth.

As for "loving themselves," I don't understand how anyone can claim to love himself if he hates millions of other people. This was the philosophy of Hitler, which resulted in the deaths of considerably more than half of the Jewish population on this planet, especially in Europe, where they were rounded up like cattle and killed by industrial processes.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  21. timojin Valued Senior Member

22. timojin Valued Senior Member

We have an agenda to love all people . Do atheist have such agenda ?

I definitely can say you are wrong at the present time. There are many evangelical groups support Israel.
    There is a great economical contribution to Israel by the tourist industry by christian groups visiting the historical paths of Jesus. I believe some anti semitic rise is due to muslim uprising , because the Palestinian . but the media does not mention much about the terrorism of Palestinian against the Israeli

Persecution on israel is nothing new , Attempt to eliminate Israel is as old as 3000 years old and no one was able to eliminate the small group of God's people. Hatred exist against God and so is against His people.

23. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I am sorry to hear that. That is a lot to take in. I do not know what to think.