Return of the Jedi?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bowser, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I know I have a bad habit of posting YouTube videos, but I find some people extremely well spoken there. I do believe we are reaching critical mass in this country, but I'm hoping after the implosion we find a new center. Someone here once predicted the downfall of the conservative party after the Trump win of the Republican nomination, and there might be some truth to that, but I think more dramatic is the current demise of the left.

Can the left rediscover its roots? I hope it can. Extraordinary individuals will need stand up and take the lead.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Does it really matter in the end ?

They are all puppets of banks and corps .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

We're entering a period of extremes, river. The Right has been relatively quiet, so far. There are some advocating political violence. That sh** will come to a head eventually, and it won't end well.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

You are entering a period of extremes . The US is a mess.

I hope that the violence never happens .

Peace to you all.

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

It's already happening, river. It has begun.

9. river

A shame really .

10. river

Bowser be safe and aware .

river

11. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Thanks. I did mingled through a protest in town. Sadly, it was pretty much what I expected. I am thankful that, for my time there, violence and destruction was not an issue, though there was a conflict later in the night between the protesters and the police.

I think we are hoping, as many have done here, to hear more condemnation from the left regarding the violence being perpetrated in their name.

12. river

I don't know what to say , beyond my last post .

I can't relate .

I do now understand your Jedi reference , it would be good .

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Condemnation of what exactly? Millions of people participated in hundreds of demonstrations across the world and only one suffered a violent incident, and it wasn't by the protesters. It was by a group of anarchists.

It seems to me you have a double standard. When violence repeatedly broke out at Trump's rallies, he never once apologized for the violence. In fact, he encouraged it. He told his followers, he would pay their legal bills.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/4125/trump-has-said-hed-pay-protesters-legal-fees-fo-hank-berrien

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-its-happened-can-he/?utm_term=.b3c96a8bc50e

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

We need to get passed this idea of labels, although it is convenient, but opinions and ideologies now vary so far on both the right and the left that is it fast become useless, John Mccain and Donald Trump have nothing in common politically but that R. I have nothing in common with the likes of regressive left, other than being pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-universal health care, pro-free education, pro-basic income guarantee, pro-taxing capital gains and personal marginal income on the rich (but also pro-low business taxes), shit I have alot in common with the left, why should I discard the label just because the left is filled with racist, sexist, Identitarians, obsessed with victimization and oppression and intersexuality, who demand hegemony of mind or they will try to silence your right to speak, no fuck them, they become something else, I stay left, fuck it: I'm a "liberal" and they are "regressive", dam it back to labels.

Ultron likes this.
  15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I love how conservatives preach about needing guns to overthrow the government, and then call liberals violent for minor protest-related mayhem. (I'm not watching your douchebag video)

pjdude1219 likes this.
  16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Seems a pretty thin pretense for one of such astounding ignorance as you have shown.

Why don't you tell us what you know about the Left? Surely you're capable of using your own words.

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

I recall quite well the excuses for right wing violence when Obama was president. "Well, look, of course I don't condone violence, but this is Obama's fault for being such a divisive leader and intentionally provoking protesters with his criminal and anti-American behavior. He better pay attention and address his misdeeds that are the root of all this violence."

The same applies to Trump in spades.

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

the guy acting like an asshole saying fuck minorities, and women, and LBGQT really shouldn't be calling anyone else a bigot. your more regressive than the people your trying to tar with the term. your childish antics are old. i'd ask you to stop embarassing your self but your convinced your dicks the biggest so you only going to listen your your ego and people just as childish as you are.

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Oh that hurt so good, do it again daddy.

I suggest we focus on things that could get us to win elections, you claim I'm an asshole and bigot, meanwhile the likes of you have lost everything to the republicans and to trump. If you find my pragmatism so disgusting then why are you so willing to loss to them? If you think I'm going to "fuck minorities, and women, and LBGQT" by giving them free healthcare, free educations, basic income guarantee, than I wonder what do you think the republicans are going to do?

Dave Rubin, a gay liberal, is a douchebag?