Revolution

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by madanthonywayne, Sep 19, 2012.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

New Sci-Fi show in which electricity mysteriously stops working.

[video=youtube;JwfCRAtkYEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI[/video]​

Just saw the pilot, not bad. Anybody else see it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Really bad show. If I have to go through the collapse of civilization with those people, I'll just end it quickly.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Didn't seem bad to me.

I'm not sure, but I think it may be based on an old SciFi book I read a long time ago called The Day The Machines Stopped

They have the same premise, anyway.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I just didn't find it believable

I mean really the cubs winning the world series

8. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

I saw a few previews of it and it didn't grab my attention, weak story line for example and the script writing was not so hot either.

9. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

I didn't go for the premise of the story right away, but at one point one of the characters talked about the day 15 years ago when "physics as we know it went haywire", so I'm willing to let them run with it a bit, just to see where it goes.

One thing I had trouble with...if you have a post-apocalypse setting, you need to be somewhat consistent. It's been only 15 years, and yet we have things like buildings crumbling down (maybe from initial damage, riots?). According to the prologue being in the cities meant pretty much death - but then we have the group going into Chicago, where there's some rough semblance of humanity there surviving.

And then there's the...well, no spoilers, but I hope it tries to stay more on the science side of science fiction, and doesn't invoke some really out there explanations.

10. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Anyone else notice that today's episode is called Chained Heat?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

PS: I wonder why no one is using Diesel engines. So long as they were old enough to not have any electronic components, they would still run just fine since they use compression rather than electricity to ignite the fuel.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I think it is called politic-fiction (like Merle's Maleville). Nothing scientific about it, it could happen. But anyway, I like apocalyptic books/movies. I only saw a half episode so far, but it was OK...