Riddles

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Shadowflame, Nov 4, 2000.

1. Shadowflame Registered Senior Member

Here are a few brainteasers

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

ne day a bookkeeper was reading a book, and she came over the word 'coffee'.
    She said,"in that word, there are two sets of double letters right together. I wonder if there is a word with three." She spent hours trying to find a word with three and finally did. Then she said out loud to herself,"Oh, how stupid i am!"

What is the word that she was thinking about?

A man named David just got a new job as a night watchman. He loves his job, and he thinks his boss is cool. One weeknight, he has a dream, and in this dream, the plane his boss takes to go to florida, crashes. The next day, he goes up to his boss and says,"I don't want you to take that plane to florida." His boss says,"Why not?" He replies,"Because last night I had a dream, and in it your plane crashes on the way to Florida." "Well don't worry about that." he says."It is just a dream." So the next day, he gets on a plane to Florida. He spends a week there, and returns home unharmed. Then he fires David.
    Why?

If you were locked in a car... with one hammer.. what would you do to get out..?

What do rich people have little of, and poor people have lots, and if you eat it you will die?

When I am warm I don an emerald cloak. When I am cold I don a flaming crown. When I am even colder I remove the crown, and go naked. What am I?

A man was born in 1980. He died in 1965. How is this possible?

------------------
    Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music---George Carlin

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

So when will you post the answers? Soon please so I won't go nuts.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shadowflame Registered Senior Member

Lol. (in Monty Python Black Knight voice) Running away eh? Come back here ye pansy! I'll bite yer legs off!
    Do you have any answers to some of the questions? I'll post up the answers a little bit later.

------------------
    Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music---George Carlin

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

A tree.

Unlock the door.

I won't put the word up suffice to say it looks like the "f" trick used by motivational speakers and psychology teachers when you put a sentence on an overhead and then remove it and tell the audience to count the number of "F's". You always miss the word "of". There's six of them in the sentence. Cute, though.

Oh, because David is the night watchman.

Time is a fiction?!

I have no clue about rich and poor. However, did you ever notice that it sucks just to be economic at all? You're filthy rich or you're dirt poor. Otherwise you're bourgeois, and in the modern day, that just stinks.

thanx,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

------------------
    Whether God exists or does not exist, He has come to rank among the most sublime and useless truths.--Denis Diderot

8. Shadowflame Registered Senior Member

Well, you got most of them, the tree was correct, unlocking the door was right (took one of my friends a week to figure that one out)Night watchman, yup, but ye got the last few few wrong. The reason why he died in 1965 was because it was in years B.C. The bookkeeper one is right under your nose, it's "bookkeeper". And the answer to the rich and the poor is nothing. Literally, nothing. The poor have lots of nothing, the rich have a lot, thus not much nothing. And if you eat nothing, you'll die. Second Round?

------------------

9. Shadowflame Registered Senior Member

Classic puzzle, kind of like the dinky one's you'll see in kid's magazines sometimes. Bloody hard though, took me an hour to get it. If you've already heard this one though, please don't ruin it for the rest of the people

There are 5 houses in 5 different colors. In each house lives a person
    with a different nationality.
    The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of
    cigar, and keep a certain pet.

No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.

The question is who owns the fish?

Clues:

The Brit lives in the red house.
    The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
    The Dane drinks tea.
    The green house is on the left of the white house.
    The green house's owner drinks coffee.
    The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
    The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
    The man living in the center house drinks milk.
    The Norwegian lives in the first house.
    The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
    The man who keeps the horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
    The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
    The German smokes Prince.
    The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
    The man who smokes Blends has a neighbor who drinks water.

You're in a room with a monkey with a rock, a gorrilla with a stick, and a chimpanzee with a banana. Which primate is smartest?

If dirt weighs 100lbs. per cubic foot, what is the weight of the dirt in a hole 2ft. square and 2ft. deep?

A man is in a room and the door is locked so he can't get out. He has with him a piano, a calander, and a bed. How does he eat drink and get out?

I begin eternity, and end time and space. I am present to queens and absent to kings. I am the beginning of the end. What am I?

------------------

10. Shadowflame Registered Senior Member

Any takers? C'mon, please?

------------------

11. Sunbliminabubble Registered Member

NO CLUE!

The monkey because he can kill all the others with his rock.

nothing

NO IDEA!

The letter E

12. Shadowflame Registered Senior Member

*chuckle* I got the monkey one off an old dilbert cartoon. Read the question a little more thoroughly:YOU are in a room with...
    I would hope that you would be the smartest primate in that room. Right about the letter "E" one though.

------------------

13. Sprout Registered Member

the German has the fish

14. Sprout Registered Member

You may ask me any questions about this one as long as they are yes no questions. Basically just try to guess the events leading up to this:

A doctor puts an add in a paper that reads "Left Arm Wanted, will pay cash". A bum sees the add and decides he needs the money enough. He goes to the doctor, the doctor removes his left arm and pays him some cash. The doctor then packages up the arm and mails it to another man. The man opens the package, looks at the arm, and writes a reply saying he is content. He then mails the arm and reply back to the doctor. The doctor sees that the man is content, is happy the man is content, then throws the arm in the garbage.