Rosa

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by John Connellan, Sep 11, 2004.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

That's got to fit under one of the above categories. Doesn't it? Maybe a bit of self-blame before the fact? Provoking feelings of guilt? Provoking the deletion of the material which you felt would inspire a bad train of conversation? By judging the train of conversation that might flow from your words, you blame your words for sparking "bad" conversation.

So, the question is do you blame yourself or the words... or the whale?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Ah, I think I would even eat humans if they would taste good and would not carry so many sicknesses.

Say, anyone ever tasted dog? I have heard that it does not taste that bad. Also, is it ethical to butter my bread with crab eggs, while cooking the crab alive?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

invert; I'll let you catagorize it as you like

I wouldn't take away the small pleasures in life.

dreamy: Is it even ethical to eat deer? what about cangaroo? I guess there isn't much of a problem... but I'm always afraid I'll get Rudolphe. Or Skippy. =(

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I've eaten horse. I was rather young at the time and don't REALLY remember what it tasted like. But I seem to recall it being very sweet.

Crab. Ewww. I don't particularly care to eat water-bugs. Or land-bugs for that matter. I prefer hooved grazing herd animals. Mmmm. Cow. *drool* Nothing beats cow.

I've heard that humans taste like pork. I think the only danger from eating humans is from eating the brain. Kuru. The Laughing Sickness. Sounds like fun. Brains for everyone!

8. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Jaded:

Dead meat has no names.

Ostrich is also pretty tasty, at least for such an ugly bird. And you can make big omeletts from ostrich eggs. Horse? well, it is getting more popular with BSE and Creutzfeld-Jakob around.

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Oh, just to get this right. Eating a horse, a pig or a cow is allright, but when I accidentally kill some stupid animal everyone goes: "Boo fucking Hoo, you cannot kill a dog you stupid bastard! And now excuse me while I eat my big fat steak."

10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Waste not, want not.

11. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

What? So it would be allright if I take my roadkill and eat it?

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

DreamWalker,

To me, I would think this would mitigate the "inhumanity" of the act. But, I am anxious to hear Rosa's and Gendanken's thoughts on this matter. The thing is that Gendanken hardly showed any fire in her "prosecution" of you. I imagine she was a bit pressed for time the other day. But, I do wonder if her "non-fieryness" doesn't have something to do with the closeness of a dog to humanity. Dogs and humans are practically the same creature. We have been together so long, that we have grown into each other. But cats are a more recent symbiosis and are still somewhat wild when tame. So, cat-killer BAD!!!! Dog-killer Bad! Meh. Maybe. If time permits.

I wish it wasn't the weekend so that this drama might continue. Damn you Saturday!!!!

But, seriously. Roadkill is ruint. The meat is bruised and battered. Impregnated with stones and gravel. Adrenaline from the anticipation of death. From the pain of the death. Ick. You'd really be punishing yourself by eating roadkill.

JadedFlower,

I prefer elk. Deer is bit gamey. By the way, your question, I believe, betrays your origins. In Europe, it might very well be unethical to eat deer. There are very few if any left, correct? You're hunting a practically endangered species. In America they are so plentiful that they can become pests. Hunting deer is highly ethical here. If they weren't hunted then they'd need to be culled more often. Hunting an animal at least puts us once more into the food chain. And while hunting, maybe you might be hunted yourself? That would be the best way for man to enter the food chain. Dinner for wolves.

That's Kangaroo, my dear. And, they too can become pests. I'd eat them even if they are giant rats. I'd at least try it to see what it tastes like.

Rudolph is a reindeer. Did you know the Laplanders follow the reindeer herds? They are one of the few tribes of humanity that didn't domesticate their herd animal. In fact, you might say the reindeer domesticated them.

As to Skippy. Hmm. Must be a European thing. Here in the States, Skippy is a kind of peanut butter. And the annoying, dorky neighbor on Family Ties (an old 80's sitcom).

13. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Heh, I think I will go out and sacrifice some cats.

Now that would be fun.

Kangaroos are commonly called skippy because that seems to be a common name in TV series and cartoons. (At least I think I can remember a lot of crappy broadcasts that featured a kangaroo called Skippy)

14. water the sea Registered Senior Member

The pattern I was after was more general, and should be visible in *any* moral judgement of yours.

Here, I must stress that moral reasoning is not so much about what you do, but about what your explanation for why you acted the way you did is.
    Two people may commit 1st degree murder on two other people -- but their explanations as to why they did it, could be vastly different.

And it is this "Probably because I see no reason for it." that interests me.

Sure, most of us would act this way, it's a decision between greater and lesser harm.

This is the thing that leaves me speechless, and Gendanken as well.

No, that's a cover-up.

Not irresponsible.

You seem to lack empathy.

We are all killers.

Expect? Nothing. Hope for? Empathy, compassion, yes.

Then describe this alteration as you can best imagine that it would be.

Certainly, I'd most likely not avoid the animal in order to save myself. I haven't hit any animals myself, but I was on the passenger seat when my mother hit a deer, and my father a cat.

I would feel guilty. This is hard to explain, as it is a matter of values and preferences and they cannot really be logically explained.
    It is simply empathy: If I hurt someone without intending to hurt them, in me, this automatically triggers empathy.

Because this is what moral reasoning does. While you likely will not go to jail if you commited incest in ignorance, being prosecuted by state law is not the only thing that defines "guilt", neither I am suggesting to go and turn yourself in if you commited incest in ignorance.

Hm. That is strange. You are either not human, or you are hiding something.

This

I am never worried or nervous, what for?

startles me. It's like the "If I am sad, I don't cry because I see no reason to cry if you are sad, and crying won't solve anything" we know from some other threads.

As if one would be justified to cry, laugh, feel ashamed, guilty, happy or whatever emotion only if there is an explicity verbalizable reason for it.

There is something in this, but I can't really put my finger on it yet.

Choke, Invert.

15. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

So I should worry and be nervous without a reason? Not likely. Tell me what I should be afraid of, for I do not see what there is to fear. And without fear there is no worry or nervousness.

I have empathy, and I can feel for those I hurt. But I have hurted for quite some time, I even managed to hurt myself, not only bodily but also in my mind. I have stripped myself to the core of my being and faced everything there was.
    I accept the pain, but it does not move me. I can understand that others must feel pain, but even if I feel for them, I am still not moved.

I also feel compassion, I do help others as far as I am able, and as I said, I feel for them. But I can only do that from within my own frame of feelings, and that frame can greatly vary between individuals.

Ok, let me see... when I imagine the situation I cannot help but smile. I would feel amused by the revelation that I have bedded my sister, also a bit surprised and ... that´s about it. If I vividly imagine that scenario there is not much else that comes to my mind.

Well, I am pretty sure that I am human. And I do not hide things from myself, perhaps from you, but only because I am not motivated enough to write down my biography and every emotion. But that is not the point.
    I am not hiding, and I am human, but obviously I have a greatly different outlook on life.

16. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Javol, mein Queen!

*uurrkkk*

17. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

That´s:

Jawohl meine Königin!

18. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

No, I just think much of philosophy is very boring

19. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Hmm, looks like the high ladies have given up on me. It is so comfortably silent in here.

20. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Ahh. Thanks. I tried using Google Translator to check the spelling and it didn't work with Javol. But, I wasn't sure how to get the proper word. Immediately? Yes? Right away? And I did look up queen and got Konigin but figured I'd mix my German and English. Konigin reminds me of the scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail where the French are taunting Arthur and the Knights of the Quests, " And now, remain gone, illegitimate-faced bugger-folk! And, if you think you got a nasty taunting this time, you ain't heard nothing yet, dappy English k-nnniggets! Thpppt!"

The weekend is over today. Gendanken had better come back to bash you up a bit or I'm going to be upset.

Hmm. Sucks to be you then. The ladies are right.

21. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Not u as well

22. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

i think thats everyone.

23. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

probably.