Rosetta Stone

Discussion in 'Linguistics' started by q0101, Feb 27, 2007.

1. q0101 Registered Senior Member

Did anyone here use the Rosetta Stone software to learn another language? If your answer is yes, could you please tell me which language you learned and rate the software on a scale of 1 - 10.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I've only ever used the online trial version. But it does seem like very good software. Someone's using it in my Russian class, and he has amazing results. I asked him to get me a copy of the full program for German (he's using P2P software

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) so I can refresh my knowledge of German. I might also ask for Russian and a few other languages.

Once I have the program and have used it, I can tell you more about it.

What I like about it is they basically immerse you in the language, instead of giving you translations to remember. They give you a word or sentence along with four pictures, and you have to figure out which picture the word or sentence pertains to. You learn through visual association with everyday objects and situations, the same way you learned your native language, rather than through remembering translations and tying the language to your native language.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.