Rotation of the sun

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by timojin, Jan 12, 2016.

1. timojin Valued Senior Member

Are you saying there is no core in our sun . Is our sun not continually producing heavier elements , so what is fusion ? I would believe in order a flare to show up there have to be some material more dense then the environment were the flare goes up otherwise it would be a round ball

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

No I am not saying that. I am saying that the core is plasma (VERY dense plasma, but plasma none the less).
    Yes, the sun is continually producing almost exclusively Alpha particles (He nuclei).
    Fusion is the fusing of lighter elements into heavier elements. For the sun it is almost solely H to He.
    Not sure what you mean. There is no need for heavy elements to have a flare. Flares are due to a release of energy from a change in the local magnetic field, typically at sunspots. The material eject from a solar flare is mostly protons and electrons.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. timojin Valued Senior Member

I would not be surprised if there are not more heavier elements I just think we are capable to measure deep into the plasma,
    The Top 5 Most Common Elements Found in the Sun
    Element Parts Per Million Percentage
    1 Hydrogen (H) 750,000 71%
    2 Helium (He) 230,000 21.7%
    3 Oxygen (O) 9,000 0.97%
    4 Carbon (C) 3,000 0.40%
    5 Nitrogen (N) 1,000

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

There probably are heavier elements as the Sun formed from the debris of previous supernova explosions which had those elements. But in tiny amounts. The Sun is a Gen 2 or 3 star and Pop 1.
    But it is not fusing or synthesising these heavier elements.

8. timojin Valued Senior Member

Eventually is going to have a large amount if Iron , when it colapses

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No, the Sun is not big enough to initiate collapse large enough to form anywhere near Iron.
    Whatever traces of Iron it has now, is all it will ever have.
    Our Sun will end its life when the helium it has synthesised collects at and near the core, and no more usable hydrogen is left to fuse.
    At this stage of its life the Sun will be in its red giant phase, and as pressures and temperatures in the core mount up, Helium fusion will take place to carbon and a White Dwarf will be formed and the outer layers blown off in a continued although rather short time phase with more complexity than what I have given.

http://www.space.com/22471-red-giant-stars.html

http://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu/~infocom/The Website/end.html

http://www.universetoday.com/56522/life-cycle-of-the-sun/

10. timojin Valued Senior Member

Somehow got out the subject.
    You guys imply the sun is a uniform fire ball. and that fireball is spinning and it takes 26 days to rotate and the upper part of the ball take 32 days to spin
    for me to understand based in our time dies the earth spins faster then the sun or slower ?

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The Sun is a huge ball of plasma or a nuclear reactor:
    The Sun at the equator rotates once every 26 Earth Days.
    The Earth rotates once every 24 hrs: The definition of a day.
    ps: I have given you three pretty good links to check out the facts.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No one is implying anything: You are asking questions [seriously I hope] and I and others are answering according to scientific information and observational data.
    You say you do not have an agenda, so why do you doubt such wide held observational data?

13. timojin Valued Senior Member

The scientific data that I believe is mainly in chemistry , things that are at the reach of man . Beyond that there many usage of fudge factors

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Tell me the fudge factors in regards to what I have told you about the Sun?
    Why would astronomers make up all this knowledge about the Sun?
    Why don't they make up some more knowledge about DM that you raised in the god thread?
    I'm pretty sure all you are doing is trying to create doubt in scientific knowledge so as to promote a picture of confused idiots. Is that honest? You tell me.
    You accept chemistry: Science/chemistry also theorised atoms, neutrons, protons and electrons before they ever saw them. And they were proven right.
    Chemistry also concerns itself with the Sun...The composition of the elements etc How it produces energy [nuclear fusion.
    So tell me, where is this insidious fudge factor?
    What about the chemistry of spectrology of the light?

Really timijon, I've been prepared to give you a go and try and help with answers, but it really appears that my original claims about you having an agenda and not really wanting to learn is totally true.
    Perhaps in my naivety in believing you may have been genuine, I was wrong. Sad.
    At least I'll know next time you start your dishonest insidious trickery.

15. timojin Valued Senior Member

Wait I posted about the sun because of curiosity about the flare and if the surface though the sphere is homogeneous
    You misunderstood about the fudge factor. The mentioning fudge factor was a generality about physical science. It does not have any thing to do in this post.
    Sorry I will stop here because second time we are loving the subject , and start to hunt wild ducks .

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You are a fraud my friend, not the first one we have had, and certainly not the last, but a fraud you are.

17. ajanta Registered Senior Member

Another problem that I think...... If the sun is a perfect sphere and no hole/spot of it so it will give same intensity of light. But there are many planet move round the sun and their gravitational force is important that I think because the sun is plasma type. And like that moon does to some special to oceans and rivers of earth.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  18. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

...tidal perturbations...?

19. ajanta Registered Senior Member

yeah, I mean gravitational force......

20. nebel

was there any "original" pre-star Helium? The tilt does not much change the total solar energy received by the earth, just that the amount varies in different locations, the eliptical orbit affects the energy received because 1) of the inverse square law and 2) the reduced apparent collector size at perihelion, The nearly equal rate of rotation of some of the solar mass, and the earth-moon system is intriguing though

21. Edont Knoff Registered Senior Member

Solar spots. They are unevenly distributed and so as the sun rotates, the earth faces more or less active regions of the sun. But I think, the net effect is minimal.

22. Edont Knoff Registered Senior Member

Interesting that it also behaves as a liquid: http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0410075

Points to note: Liquids and gases don't rotate like solid bodies. And plasmas have additional forces influencing them, because their particles are not neutral.

23. The God Valued Senior Member

Earth Radius = 6400 Kms
    Minimum Distance between Earth & Sun = 147000000 Kms
    Maximum Distance between Earth & Sun = 152000000 Kms

So, the fraction of Sun's Energy as received by earth when the
    Earth is closest to Sun = (6400)^2/4*(147000000^2) = 4.73E-08 %
    Earth is farthest to Sun = (6400)^2/4*(152000000^2) = 4.43E-08 %

So, please tell how these calculations are just much ado about nothing ?