Rotation of the sun

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by timojin, Jan 12, 2016.

1. The God Valued Senior Member

Mods are certainly easy here, otherwise surely you would not have survived with so much of misses.

No, I am not and never was the member of any other forum

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. timojin Valued Senior Member

It is strange for me to hear such thing. Energy input makes the weather

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Of course, but you are talking about slight variations over a very short term and I am saying, basically that the extremely short duration variations will be damped out by the mixing of the atmosphere.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. timojin Valued Senior Member

I don't know if you have looked into a chart were show the counts of flare for about 7 years there is a pronounced inflection. At the same time the temp between Photosphere and chromosphere can change over 20000 F. then there are other important things like the wave length that is produced when the flare erupt.
    So just to say we get so many joules / mt2 per year . It is the same as you stick your hand in an ice bucket and a boiling water , so one hand is burning and the other freezing ,but on average is about 50 C

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yet the evidence points to you with the misses......
    Anything you say must be taken with a grain of salt.

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Well my dear friend, if you doubt so much what the experts and scientists are telling you, why not submit your own interpretation via the scientific method, along with all your evidence. [

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

]
    I have told you that you are a fraud, have I not?

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You asked about short duration variations from different areas of the sun and I agreed that there are. I am not clear on what you are now asking or what you point is.

11. timojin Valued Senior Member

What do you mean short duration ? One month, one year ?

12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You are the one that asked the question! I assumed since you were talking about the variation with the rotation of the sun that you were talking about the time frame of days.

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Effect of sun angle on climate
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Figure 1
    This diagram illustrates how sunlight is spread over a greater area in the polar regions. In addition to the density of incident light, the dissipation of light in theatmosphere is greater when it falls at a shallow angle.
    The amount of heat energy received at any location on the globe is a directeffect of sun angle on climate, as theangle at which sunlight strikes the Earthvaries by location, time of day, andseason due to the Earth's orbit around the Sun and the Earth's rotation around its tilted axis. Seasonal change in the angle of sunlight, caused by the tilt of the Earth's axis, is the basic mechanism that results in warmer weather in summer than in winter.[1][2][3] Change inday length is another factor.[2][3] (See also season.)

Contents
    [hide]

Geometry of sun angle[edit]

Figure 2
    One sunbeam one mile wide shines on the ground at a 90° angle, and another at a 30° angle. The one at a shallower angle covers twice as much area with the same amount of light energy.
    When sunlight shines on the earth at a lower angle (sun closer to the horizon), the energy of the sunlight is spread over a larger area, and is therefore weaker than if the sun is higher overhead and the energy is concentrated on a smaller area. (See
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect_of_sun_angle_on_climate

The surface features we see on the Sun are not permanently fixed fixtures but occur at various times probably dependent on magnetic field lines and the fusion reactions going on in the Sun.
    They do seem to follow an 11 year cycle though.

14. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Cepheid variable stars would have a very profound effect on any planets unfortunate enough to be orbiting it. For instance, delta Cephei increases and then decreases in diameter by about 15%, with a surface temperature change of 1000C every 5 days.

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The Sun also undergoes a sort of pulsating where the diameter does change, although only about 0.1%
    http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2003/17jan_solcon/
    January 17, 2003: Â Our Sun may seem an enduring, unwavering beacon in the sky, but in truth it has a "heartbeat" of sorts--a pulsation between dimmer and brighter phases so slow that it only "beats" 9 times each century!

It's understandable that you might not have noticed. The pulsing is not only slow, it's also subtle. The total energy coming from the Sun only varies by about 0.1% over each 11-year cycle. For a long time scientists didn't notice it either, which is why the Sun's intensity is called, ironically, the "solar constant."
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Worth noting with your Ceipheid Variables that the distinct relationships between brightness and period are what makes them such excellent measuring sticks: