Rube: The Fourth Generation of Artificial Time, The Real Matrix

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Kavik Kang, Jun 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

Goodbye Professor Pratt...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

And, in less than two years... almost all at once.

Goodbye "Tennis Ball"...
    Goodbye "008 Ball"...
    Goodbye "Professor Pratt"...

And, although they are still alive...

Goodbye "Mike Duck"...
    Goodbye "Cupid"...

Baby Bond is completely alone in the world... almost overnight.

- M&M, "The Last One"

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

So far, Professor Pratt and I are the only actual Tin Foil Hat Prophets. I've named a few honorary ones in the last couple of years but don't have the list with me right now, and they don't even know about it so it doesn't really matter. Nikola Tesla is, of course, among the honorary ones.

This Freewill & Determinism thing really is pretty simple, real world scientists ARE eventually going to understand it, and it should at least intrigue them to want to continue the discussion in a serious way to find out exactly what that means and what it can do. At some point, someone will reach the... "I agree with M&M, Steve Cole deserves Nobel Prize for this!" point. When you do, you might want to become a Tin Foil Hat Prophet yourself. The rules are simple, and a pre-empitve defense against Phil!

All you have to do to become a Tin Foil Hat Prophet is to decide to become one... a "Rube Believer". If you are accustomed to being a sceptic, or especially a debunker... Welcome to a whole new world!!!

Tin Foil Hat Prophets do not accept donations, adulation, or followers... or Phil would rip us to shreds!!!

So, I cannot accept any followers... but you are free to become a fully independent Tin Foil Hat Prophet any time you want. You just have to follow the few simple rules.

See what I mean? "Phil Proof!"

The Tin Foil Hat Prophet

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

"Go With The Flow of the River of Time"

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Write4U likes this.
  9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

IMO, that statement is "not even wrong".........

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

That statement is more profound than you can possible imagine.

I mentioned him yesterday as another former SFB Staff member who would be particularly qualified to quickly understand Rube. Anyone who has read my gamasutra blog, the link is in my profile, knows that the SFB Staff is not a typical group of gamers and over the years had a lot of doctors, lawyers, military officers, engineers, scientists, and game designers that were a part of it. It's not anything at all like "groups of kids" who give their opinion to developers today, we were closer to "assistant designers" then that.

Ken Burnside is the game designer for space scientists. You guy's will love him, both his books and his games. He's your guy. He makes the most scientifically accurate commercial games ever made, by far, and doesn't care how few people can figure out how to actually play them. Even if you have no interest in games, most space science types will be fascinated by his books.

The Hot Equations: Thermodynamics and Military SF — Ad ...
    www.adastragames.com/products/the-hot-equations

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  11. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

To the Taoists... If the river is time, and you are floating down the river on a raft, is time moving in relation too you?

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

There is no "river of time". There is only duration of change. Without measurable change there is no measurable time.

There is a river of "spacetime" as described in; The de Broglie–Bohm theory,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Broglie–Bohm_theory

13. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

Since I played Cygnus X-1... that's kind of the half way point of the story, or "sci-fi mythology" of the PDU. My personal favorite game of the whole thing.

One story arc in "Mission" is that you learn that Arch Angel Hera is "addicted to being in the mortal world", and she cheats to be here more often than she should. She should have only been here three times, but she winds up being with us 7 times... because she cheats, by the rules of the Place she is from, to be here because...

"A Spirit with a Vision is a Dream with a Mission." - The Professor

14. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

There is now.

At least, there is within Rube...

Write4U likes this.
  15. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

Like I said, I am also Kathleen Kennedy's dream sci-fi storyteller!

Haha!!!

"MeeSo Confused!!!" - Commander Samantha "Spirit Angel" Byrne, GSC Rocinante

16. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

"God works in mysterious ways... mysterious ways..."

Arch Angel Hera - "The One Vision"
    Pirate Dawn Universe

17. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

I took the time to read this. I understood about 2/3rds of the words and none of the math.

I mentioned the Double Slit Experiment before. Rube says that the universe is comprised of three “layers”... “Astral, Mortal, and Atomic”. Too me, the “Mortal World” is the map or play area of a board game, or the environment of a computer game. The “Atomic” is, essentially, science. My games don't need the “Atomic”, the “Mortal World” has both covered for me!

The Professor calls it “Heart, Mind & Soul" and, just because it's so cool and intriguing, George Michael says “To the Heart & Mind, ignorance is kind”.

Those things are “put into Rube”. If you look at the structure in one of my original posts you see that the “Active/Passive Map” is in the middle. That's because it is not really a part of Rube, it is the thing you put into Rube for Rube to be the “God” of.

So Rube is mostly just the “Astral”. Time itself, which turns out to ultimately be “universal consciousness" and Rube says that the universe is essentially a “Giant Living Brain”.

“It is what it is...” - James “Mr. Dynamite” Brown, Godfather of Soul of the Pirate Dawn Universe

(He actually outranks Cindy & Suzi in a musical universe... but not Marvin, of course.)

18. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

Whenever Rube gets... EXTREME CRAZY... I always just remind myself...

It doesn't matter how crazy it is, because it actually works.

It gets VERY crazy... you won't believe where this ultimately ends, and it makes sense once you are there. In fact it's obvious... the only question is...

Is Rube right? Or is Rube just Rube...

The Tin Foil Hat Prophet

19. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

Ok... Sometimes the songs backfire on me, not often. I put that with that post thinking of the beginning lyrics... I don't want to scare anyone with this song. Cindy is the "loving watchmaker" who is "loving us all to death" in the PDU story. This could have been misinterpreted and worried people.

"The Matrix" is practically hell, "The Living Universe" has a happy ending... unbelievable... but happy.

"She said: Tell me, are you a Christian, Child? And I said: Ma'am, I am tonight!!!"

20. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

This might actually help real world scientists see and understand Rube... the actual mechanics of Einstein's "Time Dilation".

Rube says that there are two things that can cause this same effect... gravity distorting the impulses/time crystals, or moving faster than the speed of time.

"Go With The Flow of the River of Time"

21. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

Time Travel.

Traveling forward in time... Rube agrees with Einstein. "Time Dilation" is the only means of doing that with Rube.

Traveling backwards in time is interesting and unique to Rube. Other than Einstein's "trick of time dilation", Rube says that it is not possible to travel in time. The reason you can't travel backwards in time within Rube is interesting. "The Living Universe". Within Rube, once an impulse (or "Moment of Time Containing Reality", or "Time Crystal") happens, it is "dead". The information it contained is still there... as a "read only impulse". Marvin's personal history book.

The Tin Foil Hat Prophet

22. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

And Rube does have an explanation for the “slow motion fighting” in The Matrix movies, it is a real thing within Rube but, like I said, that is near the end when you will have an understanding of Rube for it to make sense too you and for you to “see” it. “Go With The Flow of the River of Time”.

But what I can say now is that it would be completely unnecessary for “Arch Angel Neo” to be fighting the “mortals” like that. I like to use SVC's Klingon Stasis Field Generator rules as the example.

In the same way he stops the bullets, Arch Angel Neo could just “freeze time” for just you... only your timeline... put a 16 ton weight from the Acme Anvil Company over your head, then just turn you back on and watch it fall on you!!!

Arch Angel Neo is just a show off...

23. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You learn well, my young grasshopper.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.