Rules of War in the Quran

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by S.A.M., Jan 25, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats true for any literal translation in any language. In Babel Fish if you start with a sentence and do translation after literal translation, sometimes when you get back to the original it looks completely different.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

How do you translate baraatun? What is the root word?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. j.a.g Registered Member

hi Q

i feel your hostile?
    as i said,your opinions about muslims are sumthing wich is our right to have. i dont see the point of arguin about them?

Muslims ara barbarian?

1,2 world war,started by None muslims. nuclear weapon used,by Nonemuslims in Japan. Crucades,by nonemuslims. Iraq,Afghanistan invaded by nonemuslims. israel killin 1300 civilians and using NEW weapons.Obama pointing his bombs to Pakistan now.

hehe,and your callin muslims barbarians?The muslims are divided,they can fight back,But Pakistan can.If Obama attack Pakistan,how childish is it if you think this can be solved over a cup of evergood?

depictions of Muhammed is not the same as criticizing a relgion,they were ment to mock the muslims. Sect muslims reactions is not my responsibility ,i didnt do anything like that.i can only talk for my own actions.I dont think a hindu would sit and enjoy none hindus makin fun of their religious idols.And muslims didnt attack your country .....

Majority of muslims dont know much ,your right. But time wont go,time will come

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So, cartoon depictions of Muhammad were in fact premeditated intentions to kill Muslims?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Don't confuse him with facts. He gets more excited over teddy bears than waterboarding or snipers shooting babies in the head. Thats why a few organised riots get his attention, but deliberately starving millions and killing thousands or hundreds of thousands of people? Not a single word.

8. j.a.g Registered Member

hi

I cant find the root meaning of that word ,i searched the Edward william lane dictionary and cant find it. i Called Dr shabbir too,but he didnt knw

I guess there is no translation of that word, like the word dukhan. wich is translated to Nebula,but it dont give the proper meaning . I guess this word is rare and nobody know the root of this word,,YET.we just have to search moore

thanks

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Haven't you heard of Lailat-ul-Baraat [aka Shab-e-Baraat]? Baraat stands for privilege or salvation. I don't know the root yet.

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Of course you don't see the point, you will choose to ignore that which you don't agree or that which demonstrates Islam is a violent religion. These are not opinions, these are facts you choose to ignore. No amount of preaching the gospel will change that.

They were not mocking Muslims, they were mocking Islam. And, there is nothing wrong with mocking religions or beliefs.

So, you do nothing about it and those sects continue to destroy the face of Islam. You are part of the problem if you don't care to offer solutions.

It happens all the time. It's only Muslims who react violently to such things.

Fourteen centuries is plenty of time, the time has run out. The world awaits for Muslims to move out of the medieval ages.

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Are you natural born liar or did Islam make you that way?

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not. a. single. word.

13. j.a.g Registered Member

dear sir

depictions of Mohammed was an (in my opinion) a hostility to muslims. how many cartoons do u see have been made of Kali mata? Buddah? Ram? Jewish rabi's?

if you want to live with other people,its normal to live with mutual respect. hindu's and muslims living together in india ,christians and muslims living together in Etiopia and Other countries.

They could not live in hoarmony and balance if they started to mock each others religion,or the things that mean anyting . this is seen mostly in the west,not in other countries.

i had a good friend from Etiopia,he was very proud of himself,because he was related to the king that helped Mohammed once. (i dont remember the kings name ) He was a very religious christian,and he was so glad to meet me,because he didnt have many friends here.

He could talk about religon with me ,and we became very good friends. if he started to mock my religion,and i started to mock his religion,we couldnt create a harmonious friendship.

i hope you udnerstand my intention,its not to win this discussion ,but to show you that we can have a mutual respect for each other without mocking on each other or our repective views/religions. what do you think?

im sorry im typing and typing,all of you are tired of me now.i should go eat sumthing before you kick me out -My mom used to say,None will ever marrie you,because you talk to much

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

There's the problem, you opine that it is hostility towards Muslims, so you are now justified to resort to violence based on the rules of war.

We're not talking about people, we are talking about religion. I can respect people easily, but don't respect religions. Do you understand the difference?

Perhaps that is why you have rules of war?

Then, there was no friendship at all as you placed your religion above such things.

You are free to mock my views all you want, it makes no difference to me, as I am free to mock Islam. The difference is that I'm not mocking YOU personally.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That is so fricking hilarious. You of all people to talk about putting religion above all else.

16. j.a.g Registered Member

14 centuries is not plenty of time,if you think about how old mother earh is.T?define medieval ages please ?

17. j.a.g Registered Member

No sir,its not a part of my personality to mock you or any thing you respect. you can do what ever you want to,because that is a part of your personality.

as i said before,i only have responsibility for my own actions. i haave to live with myself ,so i cant degrade myself. Your actions are your rights. your free indeed

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

As I said, you chose to ignore that debate because you'll find that your religion is violent and promotes violence based on the facts and the Quran.

I understand that Muslims are unable to place a distinction between themselves and their religious beliefs. Muhammad was a murderous despot who used Islam to conquer other nations.

Utter bullshit. Stop making excuses for your religion and do something about it's problems.

Strawmen arguments. This thread is about the rules of war in a holy book.

You've had all the time you need to make your religion work in the real world, and it has failed miserably, and gets considerably worse every day.

19. j.a.g Registered Member

If your world is real,then provide proofs for ur arguments.hearsay and blaming wont help if you think your in the real world

what do u mean "failed miserably" what failed? how did it get worse?

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

jag, could you please learn how to use the quote button?

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yes, I get it. Repeating yourself doesn't preclude the fact that you choose to ignore the debate because you will most certainly lose it.

Then, don't shove your religion down my throat.

I don't respect religions that have influence over my life or is shoved down my throat.

A holy book doesn't need to turn to war to separate humans from dogs and animals. BTW, humans ARE animals.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How exactly is Islam "shoved" down your throat? Is it similar to the way that democracy is being transported to Muslim countries?

23. j.a.g Registered Member

prove your facts rather than discussing your opinions.

when exactly did i do that?

then dont do it,simple

. as you said earlier,"there was no frienship because you choose our relgion.." it basically mean,you dont want to be my friend because im a muslim.

to the readers. keep in mind,this objection was from his side not from my side. i never said to anyone,ithere never existed any friendship becaue you chose to be a jew/christian/hindu . in other words,i dont want to be your friend because your a jew/christian/hindu .

this is new. so your mean there is no difference between you and a pig/dog/horse/birds?If yes,then i can understand your quote.