Ruling on Einstein's BH's:

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by paddoboy, Nov 4, 2016.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Speaking of what we were talking about before, ie, poor journalism and sensationalism, not so long ago, we had another headline....
    "Hawking says, "There Are No BH's"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

He didn't of course, but actually was just hypothesising on firewalls and the true nature of the EH, quantum mechanically speaking.
    So, it can play out both ways, and obviously is something we all generally look into. I mean, not too many just read the headline and forget about the rest.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

That won't fly with me. Again, from #49:
    Name my supposedly bona fide 'agenda', your intended sense of the word clearly being basically that given by #2, under 'Full Definition of agenda', here:
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/agenda
    What awful underhanded strategy am I being accused of exactly?
    No, you won't leave it to me. YOU will back your lying slander or retract. Any 'excitement' on my part is the normal reaction of a normal person accosted by a lying professional shit-stirrer.

dumbest man on earth likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The God Valued Senior Member

He has been accusing me of this agenda nonsense whenever he has no argument, which most of the time has none.

Its good that you are taking up so strongly, I am shocked why Mods are giving him free hand. This time he should not be left with mild chuckle. For him any critical view on mainstream is agenda laden.

dumbest man on earth and Q-reeus like this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

And with good reason, see the other thread.
    Perhaps the mods need to have dealt properly with your own disgusting allegations against another, and your old accusation against me for faking an E-Mail.
    We all have agendas: Mine is science. It's the hidden agendas that cause the problems as is evidenced here in three instances.

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I stand by my general comment re people with agendas, and the fact that you have three anti GR threads, one in the fringes that all "supposedly" [in your eyes] falsify or invalidate GR and GR type GW's, leaves you open.
    My criticism and part in all those three threads, also can explain your unusual angst and instability.
    And obviously these imagined charges against my person are certainly no worse than the implications you made yourself thus in post 29.......
    and this rather amazing little doozy of a post......
    You have a good day!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  9. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Open? To what? To the 'sin' of having a dissenting opinion, backed by actual arguments, against the Mainstream Incumbent? Like it or not, we are not actually in a Stalinist regime (many see us headed that way) where dissenting opinion can be construed as harboring a 'reactionary agenda', thus a Crime Against The State.
    It's now clear you have no real ammo. Nothing to back up your frivolous traduce.
    BS. Read again last part of #62. Too bad keeping you in check is mostly up to a few of us run of the mill members.
    The following 2 passages you quoted are accurate reflections of your general forum behavior, not baseless accusations, and you cannot sensibly argue otherwise.

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

With the technology now available re imaging a BH, or a BH's shadow, and the confirmation of GR gravitational waves and the near certain aspect now of BH, and BH binary pairs, one waits anxiously for aLIGO to come on line again, and the completion of the third GW detector.
    The next decade is going to be exciting with such new physics now confirmed.
    I'm sure all science buffs are just as enthralled.

11. ForrestDean Registered Senior Member

Quoting error? I've never posted in this thread.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

My apologies...I obviously made an error and stuffed up. It was too late to edit, again apologies.

13. ForrestDean Registered Senior Member

Ahh ok. Not a problem at all.

14. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

It is always nice to see that there are folk who can admit they have made a mistake and simply apologise without throwing a tantrum laced with rebuttal or excuses.
    I noted the mistake early and even set about sending you a pm but I thought why bother doing it the nice way when no doubt someone will get joy from pointing it out.

Keep up the good work being in the news.

It was said anyone can find the stuff you bring to us and there is truth in that statement but it is so wonderful to be able to log in here knowing there might be some interesting news.

It is unfortunate folk get upset with you (and me for my support) but even that may be a blessing if it helps them vent here rather than on perhaps friends or love ones.

Alex

15. river

Oh please Alex

16. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

River are you asking for more positive talk or do you think I might be embarrassing Paddoboy.
    I did not mean to make him or anyone blush.
    Don't you think it is honorable to hastily admit when you are wrong and offer an immediate and unconditional apology.

I would be surprised if you of all people would follow a lesser ethic.

Alex

17. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Please don't insinuate I was being 'joyful' way back in #33. So the apology did finally come. Whoopee.
    When I made that statement, and with much elaboration, in a now deleted post, you can bank on it having been truthful.
    Oh? So not taking kindly to having off-topic shit repeatedly dragged up traduce style, on top of outright false claims, suggests one is primed for some good ol domestic violence?! Golly gee, now there's some handy home-spun shrink insights to ponder.
    Tell me something, was it you that just felt the urge to step in and PM/report my recently deleted posts as 'offensive'?

18. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I was searching for a word that would not be taken negatively, sorry if I failed.

I am more interested in seeing everyone happy.

I really hate seeing you upset.

I wrote s very long post in which I was trying to encourage you to not let Paddoboy upset you such was my feeling of dispair seeing you suffering.

I did not post it because I though it was not my place to try and guide you.

But I do wish you did not let someone ruin your enjoyment of any part of your day.

I did, I do ...I don't think you are dishonest. Sure a seven year old can post stuff but Paddoboy takes his time to do it and he does it for us.

If he gets a kick out of it I think that is wonderful and no one should deny him such a small pleasure.

If he does it because he has some mental problem we should be absolutely compassionate and tolerant.
    But I do think his motives are honorable honest and stable.

Firstly I did not report you I have resolved not to bother moderators other than say for spam and to report spam is in everyone here interests.

As to you thinking I was hinting at domestic violence I say no to that but more to the aspect of a simple vent which may relieve some of the days stress so time with friends or family can be better.

And remember my motivation for even saying such a thing was to give things a positive flavour.

I won't take offence at your home spung shrink comment as you rightfully hint that I over step the mark with my comments.

And I do understand that Paddoboy really does upset you.

I know how that must be for you and I truely wish I could say something that would make you feel better.

I am mostly a very mild person, unfortunately when I go off it is daamaging to me and others, but I would apologise if I thought I upset someone even if I thought they were indeed wrong. I an effort to make folk happy.
    I don't need the self assurance of being right to make me feel good about who I am or to rank myself with others.

I do not like suffering preventing it is my biggest motivation.

I sincerely hope you can learn to accept Paddoboy and me for that matter and devote your energy to the thing we all seem to be interested in ...science.

Alex

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  19. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Thanks for clearing that much up.
    I accept those who act responsibly, not out of temporary tactic, but as exhibiting that kind of character as a life principle. Precious little of that around at SF imo, at all levels. Done and dusted here.