Rush Limbaugh, he's alright, or he's a nazi (split thread)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gravity, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Roman Banned Banned

If he apologized for it, doesn't that mean it happened?
    Shouldn't you guys be arguing over whether or not he meant it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

He's maintaining that there was a mistake, and that Limbaugh then apologized for that. I maintain that what I saw was no mistake.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

His posts have all disappeared, too.
    Must be one of those rabid cons. Rabid like a liberal hates America. Here's where I wink sardonically.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Lots like this out there:
    You are a lying scumbag who is trying to whitewash the truth.

I saw this episode with my own eyes.

This lie is repeated on blogs all over the internet, word for word.

You are deliberately quoting a different Rush Limbaugh episode.

You Right Wing scum will stop at nothing, will you?

Posted by: Jim Ausman at July 6, 2004 03:47 PM

http://warliberal.com/mt/blog/archives/2004/04/19/typical_rush.html

Still searching.

8. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

You'd better let the Washington Post know that they have a reporter who is a liar.

16 Candles for Chelsea
    By Roxanne Roberts
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Tuesday, February 27, 1996; Page D01
    ....Still, "Saturday Night Live" saw fit to air a sketch that compared Chelsea, then 13, unfavorably with Vice President Gore's daughter. The first lady was furious about that, and even angrier when Rush Limbaugh took this shot: "Everyone knows the Clintons have a cat," said Limbaugh. "Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?" And he held up a picture of Chelsea.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/inaug/players/chelsea.htm

9. lostmind Registered Senior Member

Limbaugh a Nazi!? He may be a rich capitalist but not a nazi. I'm a black male and ever since I've been listening to Limbaugh, my life has improved 10 fold. I stoped blaming whites for my problems and took control of my on destiny. When you stop pointing finger at others and then point that same finger back at yourself, you can see things more clearly.

10. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Gee, more liars:

Coverage and comment on a president's kids can veer off the edge. In 1993, Rush Limbaugh told a joke that compared 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton to a dog. It was pointless and malicious.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/2001-06-04-edtwof2.htm

All of these newspapers with no fact checkers?

11. Roman Banned Banned

Shiiiiit, brotha, whitey always keepin the balck folk down.

12. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

13. lostmind Registered Senior Member

Naw brotha, we keep ourselves down by blaming others and depending on others. Hard work pays off! great things happen when u give your all. Yeah, I know things are gonna be harder because there are racist elements out there and you cant change that. you just have to work hard and refuse to be held down!

14. Roman Banned Banned

Lostmind:

May I be the first to say...

Welcome to sciforums?

15. lostmind Registered Senior Member

Thanks Roman, I hope to be helpful to the forum. That pic of condo is a example of what I'm talking about.

16. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

You support those folks? Then you are their wet-dream, somebody blinded to the fact that they still don't respect you at all, but are psyched to sucker you into voting for them.

17. lostmind Registered Senior Member

That was then and this is now. I dont wont their respect, who ever they are. I dont want there pity or hand outs. all I want is to live my life, provide for my family and spread the word that we can suceed. Your kind of thinking is what cripples people, I call it slave mentality.

18. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

No, actually the point is that was then . . . AND now. Nobody is saying you need handouts, what you (and all of us) need is a society that actually doesn't hand out a stacked deck based on race, sex . . . religion. And we appear to be teetering on the brink of a 2cd Dark Ages in at least one of those regards. And the continued mass disenfranchisement of black voters (among other things) shows that you are their dream if you are among those they actively discriminate against, and yet have bought into their ideals.

You call it slave mentality? Funny, I was thinking the same thing in the opposite direction!

19. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

You're a fan of this guy?

However, a helpful reader provided us with a copy of that Newsday article (from the 8 October 1990 edition), and that article does report Rush Limbaugh as admitting he felt guilty for once having told a difficult-to-understand black caller to "take that bone out of your nose and call me back." (This incident occurred not on Rush Limbaugh's now-familiar talk and political commentary radio program, but at the beginning of his broadcast career back in the early 1970s when he was hosting a Top 40 music show under the name "Jeff Christie" on either WIXZ or KQV in Pittsburgh.) The same article also quotes Limbaugh as confirming that he did utter another line commonly mentioned in tandem with the "bone" quote: "Have you ever noticed how all newspaper composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/limbaugh.asp

20. Jagger Registered Senior Member

I remember Limbaugh mocking the appearance of Clintons daughter. It has been a long time back. But the cruelty of that man was evident. A grown man attacking a thirteen year old girl because he doesn't like her father is ugly.

21. lostmind Registered Senior Member

There aren't anymore slave states, only a slave state of mind. And see this mass disenfranchisement of black voters is a farce. I'm black and my entire family is black and there extended famlies are black and we live in highly populated black area with some whites and none of us have ever been disenfranchised in any elections. It doesn't exist! You may have some convicted felons trying to vote, or some people who dont know how to fill out a voter registration card or someone who doesn't know how to use a voting machine or the people running the polling place are unorganized. Like I said , I know they have racist everywhere but they wont determine my future. I beleive in capitalism and capitalism works. Im in real estate. started out small and my business is growing by leaps and bounds. I built more houses this year and sold them to black families. $100,000 and up.

22. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

And finally, blow me. Conservative trolls are always the most arrogant kind.

23. lostmind Registered Senior Member

Yes I'm a fan. He tells it like it is. Tuff love I call it. Hey, maybe the guy was speaking like he had a bone in his nose. Not brite, savage etc. Rush is not racist. thats just what people say to turn you off and to keep you from the truth. I must admit when i first heard him I thought, man, this is a angry white dude! But as you listen you begin to understand the message. You wont like him right away but the dude tells it like it is. Some people cant handle the truth.