Russian Yeti: The Killer Lives

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, May 25, 2014.

1. Bells Staff Member

Missile or testing of weapons would certainly explain how some of them ended up with high levels of radiation on their clothing.

Blunt force trauma would certainly explain the crushed skulls and bones. Ripping their tents from the inside to get out and run/walk down the mountain without proper clothes or boots could certainly be explained if there were some sort of missile tests.. The missing eyes, tongues and part of one of their faces could definitely be described by animals after they died. And the radiation on their clothing.. Unless whatever it was killed them rose from the primordial and radioactive ooze like Godzilla, then I doubt it is any sort of monster.

There were no other footprints near the are. No sign of an attack, no sign of struggle. If they were going up against a 'yeti' as some seem to believe, I would imagine there would have been some sort of struggle, and evidence of a struggle of some sort.

Plus the fact that they banned anyone from accessing the area for 3 years afterwards reeks of not yeti's, but of the hope that radiation would dissipate..

[Source]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

I cropped the image [actually provided from elsewhere and now destroyed] to just the figure alone and resized, sharpened, etc it. The lighter area at the bottom of its left leg might be a boot. The outer apparel seems unusually uniform / continuous over the whole body -- as if it is wearing very bulky coveralls or some other single-piece, protective garment. But this could easily be the result of insufficient pixel detail.

I do have to admit that the poor resolution could also lend the figure to being construed as either having a "furry" covering or some rough, homemade tribal material (possibly produced from animal hides). There's a pot-belly bulge to the abdomen, and what hopefully is only the illusion of a faint navel. The arms are skinnier in proportion to the rest, but they're obviously directed / lagging behind at angles. In the enlarged / enhanced image the head appears a touch pointed and thinner than it should be. Perhaps a turned hood might remedy that, though much of the body seems to be facing the camera close to dead-on (minus a minor twisting).

Since the photo was taken from a distance and there's no interesting activity / scenery connected to it, my opinion is that this is an image of an outsider (member of the Mansi?) who happened to be passing by. I mean, why waste film on a teammate who is so far away that he/she is unrecognizable, and doing nothing more significant than walking?

One might even suggest that this group was trying to set-up a fraudulent tale themselves to tell once back home, but the coincidence of devising it so closely prior to a real tragedy of their own seems a bit improbable (though certainly not impossible). For instance, despite only few survivors returning from a 20-man expedition [1917-1920], François de Loys nevertheless found idle time to concoct a South American ape hoax by propping a dead, tailless spider monkey against a crate and passing it off as as a new species, portrayed as significantly larger in the photograph than what it was. OTOH, however, the gradual eradication of his oil-hunting party from disease and native attacks might also have been an added gimmick promulgated by the sensationalistic press of the era:

Brian Dunning: "How likely is it that a geology party would allow seventeen men to die without simply making the short return trip to La Fría or some other town? How likely is it that de Loys would have continued prospecting if any men had actually been violently killed on the job? The job simply wasn't worth men's lives, and at no time was de Loys in so remote a position that he could not easily have returned to civilization. In short, his story, as printed, is almost certainly a gross exaggeration in the style of the popular adventure fiction of the day."
    http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4302

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Wrong. Interviews with actual scene inspectors confirm giant footprints in the camp area. Also a few members had wounded hands, suggesting a fight with something. As for the radiated bodies, a photo confirms them seeing a bright light in the sky. So the possibility that they got radiated by a missile explosion in the sky is not out of the question. Unburned crushed bodies? Not so much.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I magnified and recontrasted the photo using state of the art technology and came up with this:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Wow! What program did you use?

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

He looks like a hobbit...

10. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

There we have it: A sure sign that Bumble the yeti was at least lurking about, if Yukon Cornelius was tracking him. Of course, the source of the "bright light in the sky" is now obvious; and no doubt stimulated the Abominable Snow Monster into a murderous rage against anyone camped nearby. Those poor, youthful victims. Hearing that pathological Ho-Ho-Ho ringing down from the cruising red glow above as they futilely scrambled for their lives. Too late, YC. Just too late to save the Ruskies from the mad antics of one of capitalism's prime icons.

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Yetis.
    I call them Out-of Focussies.