Samsara cycle

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by eincloud, Sep 10, 2004.

?

Samara-yes or no

1. You want to break from the cycle

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. You do not want to break from the cycle

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

You got it reverse ? Breaking the cycle means getting out of the clutches of the destiny.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Superman’s demise reminds me of something, may be a bit off the topic but would like to know how others think of the same. From some of my experience of seeing people die (of decease, age etc) I felt as if they were ready to go, and was aware kind of! Have you people felt the same, or has experienced something like that?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

Well, i have read this book by Dr Stanislav Grof. He did research with people dying of cancer years back......He as allowed to given them LSD. A good percentage of them after having had thie experience felt less fear of death, realized their holding onto life was not good for members of their families

so with such insights many were able to let go. this speaks a lot for the will ti live!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mercurio 9th dan seppuku sensei Registered Senior Member

Errrr. Where's the bodhisattva option?

(3) - Breaking free of the circle, but staying around to help until everbody else has.

aka Last one turn off the Light.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

Not really; because your wanting or not wanting to break out of the cycle is of no significance. Breaking out would be the result of lots of equations if you look at the karma theory.
    So if your destiny is to break out, you will break out and probably will also want to break out.

9. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Almost all the saints/spiritual gurus insisted that we should wish & make effort to break the samsara cycle by various means - bhakti, yoga, Gnana etc. They did not advice us to wait for the bus.
    You are talking like a fatalist.

10. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Thats great.

11. mercurio 9th dan seppuku sensei Registered Senior Member

12. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

whoa whoa whoa...

i'm confused.

i thought that the whole point of the cycle of samsara was that you needed to reunite your atman with brahma. it's not like living and not dying, it's being 'everything.' you'd want to break the cycle because life sucks. or at least, that's what i thought moksha was...

and, like, all the lives you cycle through the varnas with are purer and closer to brahma.

if i'm wrong about this then i seriously failed that test i took tuesday...

-niv

13. kmguru Staff Member

Break the cycle? May be in another 20 billion years...what is time anyway...then you need not come back, because there would not be anything left to come back to....until the next cycle...and it begins again...

By then, who knows, you might have moved on to the next step in evolution like Angels or Devatas depending on where you live...

14. mercurio 9th dan seppuku sensei Registered Senior Member

That sounds more like the standard Hindu line, but that also includes castes (Varna), between which you could 'travel' by rebirth, until they changed the system in about 500 BC, and that became 'impossible'. :bugeye:

I also have some trouble distinguishing between the different varieties - fortunately I didn't have to take that test...

15. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

I understand, Mosksha is liberation from the cycle & reunite with brahman. How & Why the cycles started was not answered satisfactorily by anyone.

Many times sages born in lower castes, demons born in upper castes.

16. kmguru Staff Member

Many times sages born in lower castes, demons born in upper castes...

The idea of reincarnation is with both Hinduism and Buddhism.... I think I have an interesting take on it. What if we are all part of a larger intelligence where that intelligence learns the ultimate reality through us just as you learn stuff from building models in the computer...

17. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

You forgot about the guy who invented computer, who enhanced it, and who wrote the modeling tool as well as the wood in the woden table on which the comuter is kept, the water that made the tree to grow to become so big to be cut to made a table, as well as few other billions things for you to "build models in the computer" !

18. kmguru Staff Member

No I did not..

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

This is a hard question....! After all, this planet is quite interesting...

20. mercurio 9th dan seppuku sensei Registered Senior Member

Who says there needs to be 'this guy', after all?

21. Rick Valued Senior Member

Hi,
    You all are confused,therefore i think there's a need to clairfy.The thought of breaking from the cycle has got nothing to do with assumption that beyond the death,there lies a reality which is absolute in nature.

The real freedom will be when we stop thinking about cause and effect relationship, since in our universe everything that has a start has an end and therefore effect and cause relationship exists.On,the other hand imagine when we think beyond all this.We think beyond the reason that has to exist because we belong to a world where we are bound by the constraints of cause and effects.

Creation

Creation idea is gibberish,even science would agree.The idea that something is being created is not accurate since by thinking and saying that something has been created is like following the rules of the universe,which is not correct.The cause and effect relationship remember?
    The knowledge as i have pointed out earlier of this world or and any other universe that is bound by laws or at least in terms of our thoughts are just manifestations of ultimate reality that we fail to see and realize,since our senses are limited.The truth is after death even if we consider ourselves freee,we are not.

Why? since freedom is when our soul sees its true form which nothing but brahman (pronounced as brahma).Our souls are manifestation of absolute truth that is brahma which appropriately represents eveeyone.
    Even gods.yes even Gods.We are of same souls,but its just that Gods can experience and realize the ultimate reality and manifest it accordingly knowing that it will ultimately be the same.Its like you know something is gold, you first make a biscuit out of it, then you melt it and metamorphose it into a bracelet,but ultimately what is it? Gold.
    So the ultimate freedom from Samsara Cycle; is realization of Brahma the absolute truth and reality.That should be the goal of every soul,(again goal itself as i speak is gibberish since it brings the cause and effect realtionship

) hehe...

untill you dont realize the reality; Enjoy!!! Life guys!!...There's plenty to see around this illusionary world and learn.

bye!

22. kmguru Staff Member

Some out-of-the-box thinking…

I have a different take on the souls though…an analogy would be – consider a java computer application on a specific hardware. Imagine, you move that application along with all the up to date information to a different computer. You still will be in business.

There could be an unknown process that allows the contents of our soul to move from the physical body and remain in a soul container which can allow soul to learn the higher levels of the reality and grow. At this point you could be free from the worldly human cycle but still governed by the higher level cause and effect.

23. mercurio 9th dan seppuku sensei Registered Senior Member