Sanatana Dharma

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by kmguru, Sep 9, 2014.

1. kmguru Staff Member

Thoughts on Sanatana Dharma

I practice Sanatana Dharma. We believe our soul/spirit is eternal. In Kabballah, they also believe that a person has 3 sets of structure. 1) Human Body 2) Animal soul 3) Divine Soul. We believe that when you die, your divine soul collects the animal soul and its Earthly Experience with you and becomes the new "you" up there in the Heaven.

Now we believe that the divine soul is eternal. We also believe that since Earth life is short, your divine soul grows in Knowledge over the years through rebirth system. That means, it never comes with full strength to Earth...and passes a mid level information to the animal soul.

That means...every time, you are born, basically you do not remember your past activities. Except some people sometime do...

Also we believe in Heaven which is an Energy Dimension which is 1D. In other words we believe in 4D SpaceTime where you have 3D as Physical and 1D as Energy system.

Then I learned that our science is heading that way.

"4D space is a medium of quantum information transfers."
    http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblo...laims-that-time-is-not-the-4th-dimension.html

I think we are slowly getting there.

Considering this I was thinking...what about our past humans such as Jesus, Mohammed, Moses, Buddha (he just died and is in heaven now)....why we should not get them here and solve all the in-fighting among ourselves.

The problem is unless we take special permission, they can not remember what they did....That is amazing. May be in the future we all will learn and directly connect to the Heaven and fix our issues.

Anyone has any ideas?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's exactly backwards. The body is eternal, only the soul is temporary, as a passive quality of the thinking brain. But we make sure all reformed bodies inherit our delusional thinking, known as culture. You could bring Buddha here right now and he could do nothing for you. All God worship is just procrastination. You can't do it yourself so you expect someone else to do it for you. The truth is you really can't do anything yourself. The very motive to change yourself solidifies the self. You can't even give up deliberately. At least give up the veneration of holy people, they know nothing. Buddha came and went, and nothing changed. People fight. They are violent. You are violent because our ancestors were violent. It's biological. What problem does the body have? It's simple. Food, shelter, clothing, air. We weren't meant to engage our minds beyond these simple things. It stresses itself out working overtime.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ForrestDean Registered Senior Member

Hmmm, so would violence be human nature?

Would this mean that free will does in fact not exist?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

1 out of 3 isn't a good result.

I suspect, strongly, that you're paraphrasing here (i.e. introducing modern terminology where it's not justified [or accurate]).

Given that at least one of the authors of the paper that that article refers to is a raving nutcase then I suggest two things:
    1) that your claim "science is heading that way" is wrong. (I.e. what is presented there isn't science), and
    2) you really should NOT use crank sites to "support" your argument.

8. exchemist Valued Senior Member

It strikes me that Spidergoat is, by accident or design, paraphrasing the ideas of the Fall of Man and Original Sin, from Genesis!

9. madethesame Banned Banned