Save page in Edge browser.

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by mathman, Apr 23, 2020.

1. mathman Valued Senior Member

I seldom use ehe Edge browser. However I was using it today and I wanted to save an image of an open page. I did not find anything on its menu. How is it done in Edge?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

If you literally want the page or something on it saved as an image file (screenshot or snapshot), then follow the instructions here for using Edge's "Make a Web Note" icon function: https://www.techzac.com/take-a-screenshot-of-a-web-page-in-microsoft-edge/

If instead you mean save the page as an html file, then crazy MS doesn't provide a direct way to do that on their Edge browser. You have to click "More tools" in the menu. Then click "Open Internet Explorer" and use its ability to do that. There's also an app or browser extension in Microsoft Store that can be downloaded and installed for finally being able to use Edge directly. It's called "Save HTML in Edge".

Thanks for helping me expunge any idle thoughts about ever abandoning Firefox for Edge or even trying the latter out for few days due to rumors of it having improved.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mathman Valued Senior Member

Someone in another forum suggested alt/print screen to save page. If you are interested in an alternate browser, I suggest Avant. It is a shell around IE11 with options for Firefox and Chrome. I prefer it because the display is more user friendly (less clean) using a skin option.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.