saying goodbye..for a while

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by lucifers angel, May 20, 2009.

1. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Like the rest of us then?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I guess I always got the impression that as nice as everyone on that side of the Atlantic is, there was a bit of rivalry and distaste. Much like the Scottish have with the English, but maybe not as severe.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i wasn't aware that the english hated the scotish. i know the english hate the welsh though, i'm welsh living in england and it's difficult at times, i don't dislike the english i just wish they would give the welsh a break from time to time,

why is it wrong to make jokes about the ethic groups, but ok for the english to make jokes about the welsh?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Well the Scots hate the English, same as the Irish hate the English, and probably a lot of the Welsh hate them too! Probably all that pillaging, rape, and murder stuff.

Because the Welsh aren't human?
    Because it's not a real country?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

and what do you mean its not a real country, its just has much of a country has england is

9. grimace Banned Banned

looks like some like drama.

10. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

12. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

14. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

that however wasnt swearing i being nice (i am from time to time)

15. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Ah that's cause you know I'm not really racist, but as far as I'm concerned EVERYBODY is fair game for a laugh. The English get it a lot so it's fair to dish a bit out, I don't think there's a lot of genuine racism around. Besides nothing in our lifetimes has happened to sour relationships in the British Isles so it should be water under the bridge for everyone.

Isn't Welsh just another dialect descended from Celts anyway?

Translation:
    See Spot. See Spot run. Run Spot run.

How's my Welsh? Anywhere near?

Should have had the Welsh working on Enigma!

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no where close, and yes we are celtic sort of

17. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

One of the few parts of the nation that retained some sense of national identity throughout all the invasions of the British Isles.
    I've always found it silly to define people by arbitrary lines drawn on a map anyway. They just cause wars and divide people when we're all the same.

18. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I've never felt any dislike as a person from a Canadian. On the whole, they're a very polite and generous people, but they're also very laid back. (My best friend is Canadian, so this affects my perception.)

19. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Have you ever felt the general sentiment of "you bloody yanks!!!"?

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

Indeed, I see marriage as a complication. If your relationship works, what you did on one day some years before has little relevance.

If your relationship fails, that day can prove to be a hard thing to forget.

When a relationship fails, you are in for a long drop. Marriage just adds a bunch of hard things to fall on to your trouble.

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

lol i had to fill some forms in recently (for college) and they asked my nationality, so i crossed out british and wrote welsh, i am very proud to be welsh,

22. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

You used to get forms upon entering other countries that asked for your nationality, there was always confusion if you should write British or if you should specify English/Scottish/Welsh etc.
    It's about time we stopped asking really, it should just be "do you have a right to be here and can you prove it?". Seeing as we have the EU it doesn't matter if I'm English, Welsh, German or French, just so long as I'm a member of an EU state it's fine. I may just revert to describing myself as European now. Next step, Human.

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

well human, i descrobe myself has welsh through and through, and your right its about time they stopped asking, and asking if you have a right to be here and can you proove it