Schrödinger's cat

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by fess, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And what, pray tell, does a Physics and Math Forum use the internet for? Sharing cooking recipes? Consider the logic in what you just posted.
    How do you know this is drivel? Do you have all the answers to these questions? Are you more qualified than Anil Seth in this scientific discipline? Have you actually listened to the lecture and thought about it's content?
    I have and I consider Seth a worthy scientist at the level of Descartes (Brain in a vat).

If you are not familiar with Anil Seth's work , perhaps it is you who might learn something! I suggest you take 15 minutes of your valuable time to learn something of much greater value than your apparent current knowledge of the subject .

Anil Kumar Seth (born 11 June 1972) is a British professor of Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience at the University of Sussex.

You may want to check out Seth's credentials first, before you question his knowledge on the subject. This guy is no charlatan.

These kneejerk rejections of new "advanced science" irk me to distraction. How dare you posit a outright rejection of content (complete with proofs), without knowing what Seth is even talking about? He is a legitimate scientist and has the credentials to prove it. And you call yourself a scientist?
    I call that prejudice based on a "rigid belief system", almost like religion.
    Not very conducive to the advancement of science.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anil_Seth

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

No matter anybody looking

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

The Logic of Universal Mathematics.......

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. QuarkHead Remedial Math Student Valued Senior Member

Write4U, let me apologize for my use of the term "drivel". Mrs QH, who is a neurogeneticist assures me that cognitive neuroscience is a perfectly respectable branch of non-medical neurology.

Whether a neuroscientist's words are relevant in this thread s, of course, another matter.

Write4U likes this.
  8. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Thank you, and please convey my regards to Mrs QH .......

I agree, it does not. Unfortunately it was necessary in response to another's criticism about my use of the term "belief" in context of having confidence in peer reviewed science ....

It does keep me on my toes.....

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020