Scientific Approach to the Jesus question

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Cris, May 30, 2006.

1. nds1 Registered Senior Member

Ahhhhh, here we are.

Please back up this claim with scripture. You know, like maybe posting the verse or verses which give you this idea.

IAC, I don't think you have really defined what it means to be born again.
    The Bible is vague on this issue, as it is on, well, pretty much every issue!!!

Which is why of course every Christian sect has a different idea of what it means to be A) Saved B) Baptized with water C) Baptised with the Holy Ghost.

So please define for me the following:

1. To be saved -

2. To be born again -

3. To be baptized with the Holy Ghost -

We cannot continue a discussion when we don't know the definition of the terms we are using to discuss. Please, define these three things so we can continue to discuss this issue with terms which have a specified meaning.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Look up the terms, then tell me what you think they mean, this way, you may learn something.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nds1 Registered Senior Member

1. To be saved - To accept Jesus as your personal savior

2. To be born again - To have some kind of divine experience such as a vision or an extreme feeling of God's presence, sometimes accompanied by speaking in tongues

3. To be baptized with the Holy Ghost - To have some kind of divine experience such as a vision or an extreme feeling of God's presence, sometimes accompanied by speaking in tongues

IAC, do you agree with the terms presented above? If not please correct them for me. We have to agree on specific definitions for each term if we are going to keep using them. And they are vital terms to this discussion of Jesus and of Belief.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

I'm re-quoting these because it looks like IAC may have missed them.

Or maybe he didn't.

8. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Ever hear of "honor killings" rave?

9. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

IAC, you have about the time it takes me to refill my coffee to explain what you're implying by the post above. Since it in no way relates to any of One_Raven's questions or points, I'm going to assume that it's trolling or, at the very least, spamming. At worst, you're making a physical threat. With such little to go on in your one-liner posts, its difficult to tell.

Either way, without an explanation, you're about to receive another infraction. Perhaps lucky for you, its that time of the week to wash out my cup. Back in a few and hope to read your answer.

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Part of the Muslim "honor killing" system is to do that to people who leave Islam, nothing to do with Christian practices, so Skin, please read the posts for comprehension, but not to find any baseless excuse to attack my posts.

11. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

So that's your entire and complete answer to One_Raven's questions and points?

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Amidst his rants, to what questions and points are you refering?