Scientific proof that chi is fake

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by IndianCurry2010, Nov 23, 2010.

1. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

I do have a job do not stay with my mom and what does that have to do with energy?

Ki = chi

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

You moved out of your mom's house? Well done kid.

You got that equation wrong. It should read:

Ki ≠ Chi

You only think they are the same because you know very little about both.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Incorrect. Ki & Chi are the same thing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

You only think that because you have addled your tiny brain with reefer, and don't know enough about either.

Have you studied a martial art? Performed Chi Gung exercises with a Kung Fu instructor?

No, you just smoke reefer.

8. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Ki, Chi, Prana all the same thing....
    We call it energy...

As for excercise, im calling bluff if you dont know what ki is but im sure your fingers get a good workout every once in a while

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

Who is 'we'?

Not all the same, if you had studied a martial art, you'd know that.

Dude, I surf, snowboard and run. I used to study Judo, and spar with my Kung Fu instructor friend when I get the opportunity.

You just sit on the couch, smoking reefer and frying your brain. Oh, and talk bollocks.

10. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

I doubt that....I'm indifferent, just the internet......I won't go into personal attacks really you dont have a clue who I am I'm just calling bluff on your claims because you keep bringing it up I would think some1 disciplined with any martial art would not be so insecure... at ne rate.. Ki and chi means energy.

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

Sure I know who you are, you're the whiny bitch that complained here that his momma wanted to drug test him.

Dude, I bring it up, because I know you are wrong, because I've studied this topic, and debated it with a Kung Fu instructor. We did not agree Chi and Ki are the same, Chi is esoteric, Ki a physical manifestation, they are not the same.

Insecure? Yet another unfounded and unsupported claim on your part. You really need to start backing up your statements.

12. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

LOL!
    Wow you went through my posts or something?? or good memory??.... I joined this forum 7 years ago !!
    Im 22 fool that means I joined when I was 15!!

Chi and Ki means energy point blank. "Esoteric" What the hell werent you the one saying that it wasnt real and "physical manifestation" ? Your rhetoric fails you they both mean energy.

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

I have a good memory stoner boy. You do know one of the symptoms of long term cannabis use is short term memory loss? LOL

Different aspects of energy however.

Chi is not real, it is an esoteric concept. Ki is about energy, but in the physical sense.

14. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Ki and chi is the same thing jeez havent you ever watched dbz

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

Ah, stoner boy gets his knowledge from cartoons, not Dojos or Kwoons. I rest my case.

16. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

The main characters wife name was chi chi for god sakes and his master was king ki

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Or you can just google ki/chi

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

Or you could get off your frikking couch and get a clue, stoner.

18. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

You could just admit you suck at life and you were wrong........
    Judging from your post count you won't...

You love this place too much

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

don't worry phlo we all believe you Mr. Dojo Master.

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

You get your facts from a kid's cartoon,.... you suck at reality.

Pathetic Joey. I average 3.25 posts a day. Hardly prolific. But again, you don't like checking facts before blurting, do you! ROFL!

Do I? Why do you say that?

Now you are confused. I was a Judo student, my friend a Kung Fu instructor. Try to keep up.

20. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

The dbz thing was obviously a joke. You suck at virtual reality as well as reality.

Chi/Ki = Energy. Sorry

21. phlogistician Banned Banned

Sorry joey, you're such a loser it wasn't obvious.

Sorry, no it isn't. This has been explained to you.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh dear christ...

There... good god... Chi and Ki, in the practical sense, are one and the same (essentially they are the same word in differing languages/practices). The big thing here is that the definitions have changed over the centuries, often times conflicting with previous ones.

There is a lot we don't yet understand about the human body and the brain in particular... the fact that we can "will" ourselves stronger does, in fact, lend credence to the focusing of the mind to hone the body (a basic principle of "training" your Qi, as is the most accurate spelling of the terms).

So yeah... I mean, there are things that we can "explain", but those explanations leave a lot left to the imagination. A good example is why Adrenaline can push people to do some crazy shit in dire situations, to the point where they are doing what SHOULD be physically impossible for their body.

I would imagine training the mind would simply allow you to unlock this capability without the need for life-threatening danger...

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

No they are not. Qi is esoteric. Ki is physical energy, not mystic, but about the physical preparation to deliver physical energy. Take the ki-ai, it is about focussing on a moment in time, and marking it with a sound, as you deliver your physical energy in the form of a strike.

But if you disagree, you are free to throw Qi balls at me, while I slice you up into little pieces with one of my katanas. We'll soon see if my ki-ai is nullified by your supposedly equal Qi then, ROFL!