Scientist Claims to Produce Human Clone

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by dkb218, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Cthulhu Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

OH MY GOD! Are you guys implying the Raelians are prone to embelishment of the truth???

I'm truly shocked.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Okay I'm being cheap and not reading all the posts, but there is a small point I'm going to make that is a programmatic equation:

Say it takes two Parents of differing DNA code to make a unique individual, by evolution standards this is the best course because of the blending that occurs.

Now take the raeliens version, one parent giving birth to it's own clone, no evolutionary changes in the DNA other than perhaps a virus or cold structure.

It would actually bring about the demise of mankind IF utilised to generate new generations because nobody would mutate any antibodies to disease.

If the Raelians truly had an alien talk to them and convince them of the cloning antics, it would probably be to wipe them out from a strategic point of view. (although this gets as beyond science as they do)

On a personal note, I don't think the Raelians should class themselves as a religion purely because they didn't balance the ethical dilemas that other religions would have seen.
    So I would most definitely call it a crackpot cult.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I'm just waiting for them to all comit sucide when the next comet comes!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

lol!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

9. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"It hasn't always been so easy to make people pay attention."

"After touring psychic fairs and the like during the 1980s, the Raelians turned to a strut-your-stuff
    approach to publicity in the early 1990s. Attractive Raelians - young, shapely females - occasionally
    passed out brochures promoting Raelian meetings along Ste. Catherine St. and other high-traffic
    areas. Press conferences also featured the photogenic females.

By the last half of the 1990s, events were held at UFOland, a $4-million theme park and residence at
    Valcourt, 90 minutes east of Montreal. Rael also resumed his racing career, using cars plastered with
    UFOland or Clonaid logos."

[More...]