Scientists discover that atheists might not exist, and that’s not a joke

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Jan Ardena, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Coffee break

Time out

Let the debate continue on this 6 minute video

1 cartoon atheist against a small crowd of theist who can't get it together

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I clearly answered your question. Do I really need to repeat myself? I showed you how an aspect of the universe functions and you come to me with a question about a poorly constructed non-functional plastic toy?

C'mon Musika, you can do better than that, I hope. Else this entire discussion has been a waste of my time. There is nothing in your posits that has peaked my interest in the least. Boring!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

You still haven't properly explained why a model must necessarily have a creator. So far as I can gather, all you can muster is that the model is not sufficiently complex to warrant not having a creator .... which is kind of a strange position .... It just raises the question of precisely where on the slippery slope you draw the line regarding "sentience must necessarily be more stupid in designing things than an absence of sentience"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Write4U Valued Senior Member

LMAO.......precious!!!!!!

p.s. Love Bireli Lagrene.....

8. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Why do humans need to congregate to improve their societies?
    There are enough activoties where humans congregate in fellowship (the pub, sports, Facebook, schools, colleges, universities, fashion shows, etc.) . Why the need to start a church, which is traditionally a place of worship of God?

Also, why are atheist churches a recent phenomenon?

Jan.

9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

"God" isn't the name of God. It is a designation.
    Maybe you should learn some more about God, even if you think God is fictional.

What gets curiouser and curiouser, is you denial and rejection, which prevents any kind of comprehension.

It reminds me of a verse from the Bhagavad Gita...

... I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance, knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas am I to be known; indeed I am the compiler of Vedānta, and I am the knower of the Vedas.

Isn't God merciful. He grants forgetfulness to any living entity that desires it.

If we look at the Bible verse, "The fool says in his heart, there is no God" , it kind of puts it into perspective.

When one forgets something, the thing they forget, temporarily does not exist as long as one is in forgetful mode. It is only when one remembers, that thing comes into focus.

Jan.

10. Capracus Valued Senior Member

Not that an entity of sufficient capability could not have created a solar system, galaxy, or universe, but then you have to account for the creation of the entity itself. Like their creations, entities exist as processes. So whatever drives the process, also drives the entity and their creations. Humans like all life on earth are processes, that beget other processes, and so on and so on. That appears to be the nature of the universe we inhabit. So at whatever level you want to imply the existence of creator, there will be another process that precedes it. In the case of a human being it’s biology, in the case of a Swiss watch it’s a Chinese watchmaker. In the case of your imagined god? or our universe? Who knows which would be the cause of the other.

11. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Boring!!!

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

At last, we have a true qualifier.
    Now can you explain what you mean by that and how that relates to your world view?

p.s. What makes you think I don't know your God? You think I reject God from ignorance?

Apparently you do not understand true humility. All I see is hubris and prejudice.

Personally I like the philosophy of Khalil Gibran. IMO, The Prophet is a timeless philosophic masterpiece.
    https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Prophet

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  13. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

What do you mean by "true qualifier"?
    Do you call everybody you know, or even don't know, human?
    How does calling other people by their name, relate to you your world view?

Because you are human you know God, but you have forgotten. You have forgotten because you wanted to. You cannot know anything you have forgotten, until you remember.

What a pointless statement.

Jan.

14. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Denial and rejection, in full effect.

Jan.

15. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

This seems to be approaching some form of begging the question (at least until the end where you say "your imagined form of god" .... at which point it becomes fully fledged begging of the question) .... Whether (unaided) biological and/or physical processes alone are sufficient to be ultimate causes of life or not is precisely the contentious realm of the problem at hand.
    IOW to say any and all forms of sentience must take a biological form and thus assume a position in the due course of cause and effect presupposes a bunch of (unevidenced theoretical) things about the nature of life and consciousness and the universe it appears in .... just to be clear, its obvious that we are not the consciousness responsible for causing this phenomenal world, so its poor form to utilize the experience of the unlimitedly limited (ie, us) as some sort of yardstick to gauge the unlimitedly unlimited (ie God).

16. Musika Last in Space Valued Senior Member

For me it brought to mind a different verse :

Some look on the soul as amazing, some describe him as amazing, and some hear of him as amazing, while others, even after hearing about him, cannot understand him at all.

17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Musika,

I hear you.

As long as we're discussing the 2nd verse, I have to quote one that resonated with me instantly...

As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change.

Jan.

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Who insists?
    You're an atheist, which means you currently cannot accept God. The acceptance can only come from you, just as your non-acceptance does.

Jan.

19. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jan.

20. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Acceptance of an unknown is of no value.

21. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Isn't it amazing how wave functions can be causal to self-organizing coherent patterns from chaos?!

The Word (causality) you are looking for is "de Broglie-Bohm Pilot Wave"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Broglie–Bohm_theory

Your problem is that a Word without definition has no meaning. The word God has no defined meaning other than that it is a word and therefore is meaningless.

22. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Their actual existence is physically verifiable. Those are "controlled hallucinations".
    Some people see non-existent nameless ghosts. Then it's called an "uncontrolled hallucination" (Anil Seth).

23. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

How does this answer the question?

Jan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.