Scientists needed.

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by A4Ever, Jun 8, 2002.

1. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

These statements should sum it up quite nicely:

So, to summarize, the meaning of life is linked to the workings of the mind from which the universe sprang.
    You create your own reality.
    Not metaphorically, not symbolically, but in every minute of every day we, along with the rest of the world, create the world.
    Another more pragmatic way to express this thought is:
    You get what you concentrate on.

This sounds like something Truthseeker would write (somewhat grammatically better)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Hmmm...I see what you mean. They ARE making a leap of fate.

But I was wondering how true or untrue -for the scientific mind- are the statements about quantum mechanics and all the things they derive from that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

But I was wondering how true or untrue -for the scientific mind- are the statements about quantum mechanics and all the things they derive from that.

The problem here is that however the scientific mind perceives an observation, it is interpreted not as an observation, but instead a decision in the mind itself as to the outcome of the observation. In other words, they are stating that our minds control the outcome of the observation and that reality is nothing more than what we want to perceive as oppossed to what is really happening.

It would appear they are taking stabs at explaining "The Uncertainty Principle."

8. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

And then what are the pure scientific facts about the uncertainty principle?