sciforums '06

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Porfiry, Mar 26, 2006.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

You can come along too, Roman. We'll let you get a punch or two in after we've softened 'em up for you.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pi-Sudoku Slightly extreme Registered Senior Member

I would donate but i have to pay a fee for transactions abroad, i will see it i can get round it

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Alright.
    This is pissing me off a little.
    Another day and no donations.

Ok. Maybe you're all waiting for pay day. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this. I do realize that many of you are young punks who can't even afford your booze, but there are those here who can easily afford a hundred dollar donation.

I'd better see some donations end of this week or there'll be trouble.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

I'm in the same boat as Cotton; no mechanism with which to donate. If you could PM an address or something.

8. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Actually, for me, it's just that I will not put anything related to my money anywhere near this keyboard.

9. Roman Banned Banned

Well alright, sort of the same boat.

10. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

You could call it the same boat. At least, the result is the same.

11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Cottontop,

Why so paranoid?
    You got trojans?

12. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

A little paranoia is a good thing, and no, I don't have any trojans...either kind.

13. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

If I had money, I might give. We'll just have to see about that when – or if – I get money.

14. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Come on, fuckers. Give.
    How many of you remember what it was like when the forums went down last spring? Remember that? All these threads gone? The nervousness and fear that the forums were gone forever? Remember that? Remember the diaspora across the net? Sciforums refugees wandering about homeless?

The forums will vanish if we don't put the money in to keep it going.

1100 bucks a year. That's not much. 90 bucks a month. That's child's play.

And yet the balance has remained at 218 all fucking week long?

Give. Or don't be surprised when the forums are replaced with a server not found error.
    And fuck you all if you let that happen.

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

i believe i made my situation clear

and about that
    i stated my case here in this thread
    i pm'ed porfiry about how i can contribute
    i emailed porfiry at his davew account about how i can contribute
    frankly i think its the height of rudness for him not to even aknowledge the reciept of any of those

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Well, look a bit critically - most sane long-time members who cared about this place have left this board, scared away and replaced by insane religious mob and pseudoscience freaks (and in science, not religion or pseudoscience sections).
    The rest are students with no regular income, new members and people who don't care.

I myself can not afford to pay for a martial arts exam, let alone support Sciforums, although I'd like to.

If these forums drown, well.. there are other places. I shall live. And you will too.

17. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Leopold,

Well. There is that. I can understand that some of you don't have bank accounts and/or are overly paranoid about e-commerce. And, I know well Porfiry's... isolationist ways.

So. To those of you who want to give but can only do so by mail, then perhaps Porf will eventually find time to get something together for you.

But, there are others who are in a position to give via the mechanism provided. And haven't. It is these that I am decrying.

Anyway. It really would be nice if Porfiry could find the time to make the situation a bit more clear. Let us know if there is a time limit involved here. If perhaps some smaller amount would suffice for the short term while keeping the drive open for the longer term. But, he's always been a bit of an absentee landlord. Most likely a very busy person. I only hope that he finds the time to clear these things up.

Yes. We will all survive. But I'd prefer to try to keep the forums alive.

18. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

For those of you who trust me more than e-commerce, I will paypal the money on your behalf if a cheque is posted or money paid in!

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

i wonder if i can send a money order/check to sciforums mirror in texas?
    how about it porfiry can i do that?

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I wonder if we can sell a few annoying members into slavery so that we can pay the bill.
    At this rate the future looks bleak.

21. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

This is pretty bleak indeed. But hey, if no one wants to keep this site around, so be it.

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

220$ in a week. Is that so bad?

23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Well, we have no idea what contract Porfiry has with the host. If it's a yearly payment, then we'd need the money quicker, if it's every 3 months, then we still have time.