Sciforums and Wikipedia

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Laika, May 10, 2006.

1. Tyler N. Registered Senior Member

are there any other forums on the wiki?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

sure there would be, with documentation on trends and such.

keeping track of the higher posters' (avatar and spuriousmonkey come to mind) post counts,

details on general moderation policy, and a mission statement <---im afraid of THAT one.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:m:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

Yes. Though none come to mind right now, I know I've read about several on Wiki, each with their own article.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

8. UNIVERSE TODAY Banned Banned

9. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Why are you asking for clarification of the obvious?
    Yet, you expected "serious consideration" of it.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I added a little bit. it's too late to add more. Maybe tomorrow. Let's discuss what to add and just take it one step at a time. A wikipedia page doesn't have to be perfect. Just add little things. Little chapters. Others can add filling them.

I was thinking for instance of adding somehting like: random events.

- for instance - The Wes cult or the goat lovers club.

Or something on sciforums dynamics.

and History.

just start somethiing people and other people can correct it and add to it.

11. UNIVERSE TODAY Banned Banned

I don't find Wikipedia all that user friendly. There are miles and miles of rules to read before you are supposed to start. As if many people are going to really bother with wading through all that.

I encourage people to each add a chapter. Wikipedians don't like short pages. They do like deleting them though. Just put == before and after the title to make a header. Oh rats. I think I forgot to add a link.

Back I go.

12. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure if it will work. Some wiki-people are strict about the place being an encyclopedia, not a dictionary, glossary, advertisement or anything else. Yet, the same people are pretty much lazy when it comes to cleaning up things (in other words, inconsistent). Who knows... you make an article, and those people will delete it for accusation of an ad, but when you look around for some other stuffs, you'll find things that deserve deletion but still remain there..... Plus, I wonder if it's wise to attract trolls, flamers and some other annoying netters by 'advertising' this site there....

I'd say quit it. Let this site be known to interns only.

13. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Egad people, contribute before we are deleted! Write something about the history, or the ownership (Dave W) or a list of Mods!

14. I don't know It's the pun police, run! Registered Senior Member

"The speedy deletion of this page is contested. The person placing this notice intends to write an explanation as soon as possible of the grounds for contesting the speedy deletion, either on its talk page or at Wikipedia:Speedy deletions, and requests that this page is not deleted in the meantime."

Told you so

The only forums I know that are on wikipedia are stormfront and now totse, both gigantic behemoths that are more than just forums as well.

Adding more text won't help you at all, the forum I saw trying to get on the wikipedia certainly didn't lack in that department either.

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  15. Laika Space Bitch Registered Senior Member

It is not obvious to me. You asked me to...
    ...as if "narrow demographic" and "universal resource" were terms that I had included and therefore needed to justify. Well I didn't, so I haven't.

Yes, even though my first post was written with my tongue in my cheek, I did think (hope) that at least one person would be motivated enough to create an article.

I feel like you're prosecuting me for some indiscretion I've committed - one that only you know of. Why the hostility? Or is this just your usual posting style?

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

It's deleted.

17. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Oh well. It's their loss.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Let's all go and put false but believable information in wikipedia. See if someone will notice.

19. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Go on.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I wrote that Allah was not gay. See if someone notices.

21. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

where? and god is genderless you idiot.

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

My mistake. I corrected the error. It now says the profet is a homosexual. No wait. It already said so.

23. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Thanks for proving to everyone on here, that you're an idiot.