sciforums status

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Porfiry, May 27, 2005.

1. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

Its great to see sciforums is back, i was suffering withdrawl without this place

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Heh...

I was wondering what had happened. I went away for a little while and come back and for some distraction, tried to log on and.... nothing...

Ah well, nice to see it all up and running again. Hope everyone is well...

Tell me about it. I'm not only old but am also suffering from some sort of memory loss during this pregnancy.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

Hi guys! And to Dave W, thanks for the email, if you sent one to every member it must have cost an arm and a leg in bandwidth!

I also will be lurking at thescienceforum.com, I think they had a tendency to boredom that we cured for a month or so.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mis-t-highs I'm filling up Registered Senior Member

it nice to see the site up and running again, nice to see you all.

8. river-wind Valued Senior Member

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I'm finally starting to realize how much I missed this place. Apparently, I'm a junkie searching for a fix. Cable news, for instance, just isn't pure enough horsepucky for my needs. Hell, I'm surprised; it's somehow comforting to get up every day and read through that much silliness.

10. analbeads "loosen up" Registered Senior Member

I'm glad the forum is up again.... TheScienceForum just wasn't exciting enough for me.... Thanks Porf/Dave W for the email....

11. Jinoda Registered Senior Member

I'm sure he did send one to everyone. I received one, and I haven't made nearly the impact on the forums as most other members.

Oh and it's sort of old news and we've all been back for a few days now, but it's nice to be back (as I said in the other "wtf happened to sciforums" topic).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Yeah. I guess he did. The account that I have for my contact account here is basically my spam account so I never checked it until reading the thank you's. At first I thought that more people had gotten the email explaining that it went down at the beginning. Because I tracked down his email address and sent off a query and got a response about him going to Africa and that nothing could be done for a month. So, I thought that people were talking about them getting the same kind of email. But, I know for a fact that everybody didn't get [/i]that[/i] email. So it was then I realized that there was another email going around. (Why am I saying all this? Blah blah blah)

Anyway, this is kinda interesting in that people that haven't been around for years are showing back up because of the update.

Too bad I'm not really in the posting mood. Maybe I'll catch posting fever eventually.