Scivillage

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by lixluke, Mar 11, 2004.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

(I'm at a loss of what to do quite a bit. I usually come up with a simple starting point and then start typing to see what happens.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Sometimes, I'm surprised myself.

And thanks for not playing the hallucination card. That was a fear I had when I came up with this particular storyline.

I still don't know where to go yet, the game has to be good, so I'll work on it later.)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Now, why is this stupid tiger always wagging me with his tail?
    Can´t he see that I am busy?

What do you want Kunax? Have you found anything?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

"Now, Nexus, what would you wager?"

"What's the game?"

"That would be telling. What would you wager?"

"My release. If I win, let me go, if I lose then I will be your prisoner."

"HAHaHa!! No, my boy, you don't understand. You are not a prisoner. We will let you go once the games are done. And you seem confused by our terms. We do things 'differently' here. Your wager is what you wish to receive. My wager is what I will receive. Now, what would you wager?"

"Well, in that case... Maybe I could take one of your servants as my servant. To do my bidding in the world from which I came."

"Hmmm, yes, that would be satisfactory. I shall grant you the use of my 'favorite' servant if you should win. And, now comes MY wager. If I should win, then you shall go free; but, all your friends will be my servants. Yes, I would find that most satisfactory."

"Wait, I can't wager my friends. Their lives are their own."

"Haha ha hahaha, that is right, Nexus, you can't wager them. But I can. And I just did." He strikes the ground... er, cloud... underneath our feet and a great thunderclap rang through the air. A sickening feeling of vertigo clenched my stomach as the cloud veered downwards, hurtling in a seeming crash course with the ground.

The village swam into view and I saw the inhabitants frittering around, performing the tasks which they are want to do. Sexy Blue laying in the sun and toying with a harness for her new experiment. SpuriousMonkey busily working with his still, producing the nectar which is his life's work. Alain, the new guy, putting the moves on Blue (who I'm glad to say seemed far more interested in her invention than Alain's attentions). SwedishFish on her front step angrily cleaning up an oily mess. The barber desperately trying to drum up business. The chef angrily denying his chef-hood. All in all, a picture perfect day in sciVillage.

Until now, that is. They all looked upwards in shock and wonder at the great stormcloud that dove into view above them. They all seemed so small, so defenseless. What had I gotten myself into. I briefly considered jumping off the cloud. I could probably land in the pool and escape most injuries.

"No, my friend, you cannot leave until the games are over. Do not worry, they cannot see us. The cloud is a mere curiosity to them. They have no idea the fate which hangs over them. I merely brought us here to get a good look at them. Now that I have..."

Again that feeling of vertigo as the cloud zoomed into the stratosphere.

"Now that I have seen my wager, you may see yours." He strikes the cloud once more with his staff and the crowd of beings part. In the center stood a slight, unseemly character. It stood only three feet tall. It seemed to be a cross between a man and a Cappucin monkey. A taller figure stood behind it. In his hands was an organ grinder. He began to crank away at the device and a most unearthly music emanated forth. The monkey-man began to dance. Faster and faster the handler cranked. Faster and faster the monkey danced. The crowd began to cheer and applaud. Trying to throw off the monkey's rythym. But the monkey stayed true to the beat and danced, faster. Faster. Faster.

I noticed that the monkey was beginning to rise from the surface of the cloud as he danced. I then noticed diminutive wings on the monkey's back. The wings of a moth fluttered and raised the monkey higher and higher in the air as he danced. Whirling, twirling, cavorting, capering, the dance continued.

Once more, my host struck his staff upon the cloud, "ENOUGH!!"

Immediately the handler stopped cranking the crank. The monkey ceased his dance and began to sink slowly to the ground. His body was covered in a sheen of sweat and a look of rapture covered his face.

"That's enough. You have seen your wager. I assure you that he is capable of many great things. You will be entirely satisfied with his servitude. Now, to the game."

(I still don't know what game to play. I have an idea though. I'll finish it tomorrow.)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

You better win. I don´t like to be a servant

8. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

itd be worth becoming a servant just to see dreamwalker as a servant and you wandering around scivillage being really lonely, so come on invert, lose

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

(Don't let me stop you from going about your affairs.

And how could you even think I would allow myself to lose. I wonder what would happen if it was a draw? These guys seem to play by their own rules.)

10. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

Perhaps if there is a draw, you play another game, and the stakes change. Rise even. Some socery? I wouldn't mind a town that can float 3k in the sky. We could flood the pond as much as we want, even with bubbles, and it wouldn't matter........
    I think........poker? Chess? A sms'ing contest?
    Hey, if he has that kind of powers, maybe you do too, it could be a floating cloud thing.

I was repairing the harness of my glider..... it is working, but not to the best of it's ability. Perhaps even add a tiger sideseat. Suddenly it's become cold and dark, so dark. A stormcloud has grown suddenly above us, in a perfect sphere. How strange......
    Dreamwalker, Kunax and Nexus haven't returned yet. I wonder idly when they'll be back. I went to go order a desert off the chef, and he seemed more than happy to oblibge, so i'm wondering what he's scheming.

11. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

Dreamwalker asks "What do you want Kunax? Have you found anything?"

Yes the was something, but I forgot, so I'll just eat you instead, I says as I turn around and jump on Dreamwalker. The weight of a tiger is to must for Dreamwalker to carry, as his legs fail beneath him, on the ground he strugelst to keep my head away from his, I playfully grabs his arm in my mouth, I have him now there is no escape.

Then with a thundering sound, to low for human ears to hear, the Sylvans departed for the village. Hearing the sound I released Dreamwalkers arm, leaving only some teeth mark and a lot of drool, Then told him about the Sylvans.
    Dreamwalkers look a bit worried hearing the news, as there is no knowing what the spirits of naturn can or will do, there for its better to stay clear of them, because if trap by them, the only escape is to beat them at there own game.

We start heading back to the village, perhaps someone there would know what to do, if not Nexus would have to free him self or be trapped for ever.

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

(I'm working on it, I can't quite bring myself to the conclusion yet though. Maybe later tonight. I think it might involve hang-gliders...)

13. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

OK then, let´s head back to town. No sense in sitting around here.

14. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

You could always capture a fine female elephant on your own.

We do have a contract after all.

And it would be nice for Flossie to have a mate in case I lose and you all end up as slaves. Although, I guess Flossie might count as a "friend" and end up as a slave as well.

15. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Ooops, nearly forgot. Well, then I´ll do that. Kunax you can go ahead to the
    village. Should not take too long to catch an elephant. Just have to think of
    a cool way to do it. Will write it later.

16. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

We exited the forest just in time to see Sexy Blue throw herself off the roof on Nexus house, she did manage a short fleight just long enought to come out to the middle of the lake, where she chrashed landed.

Rushing to help, we barely made it to the lake before Sexy BLue was back on the surface swimming for shore, apparently she was use to this style of landing, and was very well capable of helping her self, all DreamWalker could do to help was help carry the wet glider our of the lake(heh tiger cannot help, not hands).
    Once everybody was back on dry land dreamwalker informemed SexyBlue of what had happend in the forest a few hours earlier.

...does Sexy Blue know what to do, will Nexus ever be save.
    Stay tune for more SciVillage comming soon to a forum near you.

(damn some many post so fast)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  17. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Ok, I helped SexyBlue, but I still have to go back into the forrest to get an elephant. So excuse me...

18. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

Oh, you guys are sweet. Thanks.
    I knew there was something about that cloud that didn't add up.
    Suddenly, i can hear a pounding of the ground. It felt like an earth-quake, but worse. Then Dreamwalker and Kunax ran past, pointing and screaming. A cloud of dust was forming in the distance, and a grey mass was running our way.

How on earth did they manage to get a mass of elephants stampeding through town?

I knew they were after one, but an entire herd....eh?

This has got to have something to do with inv. What's he doing up there, elephant racing or someting?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  19. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

(Ok, I still haven't had any good ideas, so I'll just start writing and get it over with.)

Where were we? Oh yes. "To the game."

The gleeful chattering of the host fell silent. An ominous silence. An eerie silence. Not a sound was to be heard. Even the whipping of the wind had quieted. I waited for something to happen. Nothing. Silence.

I looked about. All was calm, as though frozen in time. Nothing moved. Nothing spoke.

"Wha-" I began. Suddenly, a conflagration erupted from within the cloud. A furious beating of wings. A flock of birds of every description. I felt myself lifted in the air in the midst of this swarm. The heat of their bodies enveloped me and I broke into a sweat. Now, I could see nothing but feathers and beaks.

"exfoliance transdermance..." A faint chant seemed to be emerging from the patterns of wings beating, hearts beating, lungs breathing. A strange sense washed over me. An itching and a stretching sensation covered my skin. My heart began to beat faster and faster. A strange blurry spot began to form in the center of my field of vision. Pain washed over me and I convulsed frantically. Flailing my arms wildly, I tried to push away the flock of birds, to free myself from this prison in which I found myself.

Suddenly, the flock dissipated and I found myself hanging in the air miles above the ground. Uh oh, I thought as I began to tumble through the air. "What kind of game is this!" I cried, "What are the rules? See who hits the ground first?" Or rather, I tried to say. What came out was a strange series of warbles and squeaks. What? What is happening? I tried to get a good look at myself, but the blurry spot in the center of my vision kept confounding me. The only way that I could see myself was through peripheral vision. And what I saw was not good. A mass of feathers that fluttered in the wind of my fall. A bird? Is that it? I desperately struggled to flap my arms and to get the hang of flying. After a short while, I found that I was becoming passably good at swooping and diving. I learned how to stretch my fingers apart to get lift. Yeah, this wasn't so bad.

I scanned the sky trying to find any sign of my captor. Suddenly, I saw him inches in front of me. I put on the brakes to avoid a collision and ended up stalling out and plummeting towards the earth once more. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my captor once more, only now he was a mere speck in the sky. Some distance away. I turned to look at him as I regained control of my flight and as the speck entered the center of my vision it suddenly loomed large as though it were quite close. Ahh, I get it. Telescopic vision. Must be a bird of prey. An eagle or a falcon maybe. I flew towards him.

As I neared, he underwent a transformation that made my mind reel to watch. Man to bird in 30 seconds. I wonder if that's what I looked like when it happened.

Actually, I've been doing this my entire existence. I've got the knack down. You on the other hand came very close to dying. You don't know how much trouble I had to go to save you.

Ok, what's the deal here? Whoever get's the fattest rabbit wins?

Oh no, no. Nothing that simple, my boy. Look down at your village boy. Tell me what you see.

I look down and see to my horror that Scivillage is in danger of being overrun by a wild stampede of elephants. I squawked in indignation. Blue, I've got to save her!!

Yes, my boy. That's it. Save her. I on the other hand...

A sharp pain tore through my side. AArrgh! You traitorous bastard!! What are you doing? I turned to strike back at my tormentor, but he was already flying away with a beakful of feathers. Squawk!! I tried to follow, but I found myself falling. I flapped my wings harder, but barely managed to slow my descent. Bastard clipped my wings! Oh well, I have to save the babe not waste time chasing an old fart.

I nose down and start a dive towards the mayhem occurring in the village. I only hoped I would be able to slow my descent once I got close to the ground. And, I should probably try to come up with a plan of action. What the hell am I supposed to do against a herd of elephants?

(There, now I'm enmeshed once more in the affairs of the village and I can work it out as I go. I really don't read enough elf literature to play this by the book. All I could think of was bowling.

I probably should have thought of that before I started...)

20. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

(Elf bowling is sweet)

I ran towards Inv's place, where i still got the other glider set up, plus my bag. Trying to shimmy up the rocks was aquarard, but finally i managed to make it. The elephants were slowing down, with the whole traffic jam effect happening. And, as with traffic jams, they were all pissed off. They had already ran threw the barbar's shop, which explains why he's hanging onto the tusks of one of them for dear life.

Now that i'm up here, I'm not so sure gliding out off the balcony would be the best solution. There's nowhere really to go. I mean, nowhere that is stratigically better than here. Alain just came running out of his half-built bar, straight for the pond. I rummaged through my trusty backpack and found a length of rope that i threw down to Alian. However, this rummaging also found me my spare bottle of bubble bath. mmmmmmmmm...........

21. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

man this village is wacked, after being saved from a deadly tusking by a herd of elephants, i started thinking about how we could get away from the herd. Maybe if i created a paper mache female elephant (again) it would distract the elephants and allow us to get out

22. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

one paper mache elephant entertain this mob?

23. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

good point, maybe i should make a herd of them