Scott McClellan: Welfare Reform Is Working!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by goofyfish, Feb 25, 2004.

1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

It looks like the number two threat to marriage is finally responding to the measures taken by the Bush administration to defend the sacred institution of marriage.
    Well, it's working: Brit Brit is going celibate. Tired of trying to use food stamps to buy her Pepsi, I guess:
    Now she just has to work on the getting a job part.

I bet Scotty drinks a fifth every night when he gets home. I am actually starting to feel pity for this guy and the job he has to do in trying to present administration policy as something other than the joke it is.

:m: Peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

This is getting to be like the old Doonesbury bits from the Nixon White House, with the reporters just laying into him.

What is the performance art value of hounding Scott McClellan over the President's opinion of marriage in light of Britney Spears?

It's one of those things where people are going to be buying the reporter drinks for years when they find out s/he was the reporter who asked those questons. ("Oh, that was you?")

Gee, this raises the possibility that the media has had it. More likely, they're just trying to manufacture headlines. They couldn't spin the Democratic race into a Dean victory no matter how many sugar-plum headlines danced in their heads, so now they're going to take the kid gloves off, perhaps, and unload on the president for three and a half years of disrespect, all crammed in between now and November.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.