Scott Nelson's "Paul the False Apostle"

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Leo Volont, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

Scott Nelson’s “Paul the False Apostle”

Often I am asked why I do not write a book trashing Paul with the viewpoint that he was the Antichrist. I was in the process of doing just that and was scratching out notes when I came upon the Book by Scott Nelson, “Yeshua (Jesus) & Judaism vs. Paul & Christianity”. He is not quite as astringent and virulent as I am… his editors probably convinced him to mellow out just as they probably would have convinced me to go a bit easier; however, he makes every point I would make, and, for the sake of our special Protestant Friends who need all the help they can get, gives detailed verse references.

I will give you the URL to Chapter Seven, but the entire book, On Line for your reading convenience, is interesting. Here is Chapter Seven, “Paul the False Apostle” http://www.judaismvschristianity.com/paulthe.htm

Allow me to give my Quasi Sixth Grade Book Report for the rest of the Book. I believe Scott Nelson is hoping to show that there should never have been a separate Christianity as apart from Judaism, and that what should have resulted from the Advent of the Messiah was a augmented Judaism: a Messianic Judaism. As the Homage of the Three Kings at Jesus’s Birth indicated, this Messianic Judaism would have certainly have been welcomed by the rest of the Higher Religious World. All of the Teachings of Jesus were quite consistent with the Higher Religious Understandings of the other World High Moral Religions. Scott Nelson’s primary point is to show that Paul’s Doctrines tossed up a road block to Religious Unity and quite made Christianity an Anti-moral Anti-Religion.

Most interesting is his Chapter Seven “Paul the False Apostle” where he decisively shows, WITH SCRIPTURE, that Paul was indeed the False Apostle, using quotes from Acts, Revelation and Paul’s own Letters to indicate that the other Apostles, though loving Paul in what must have been their most arduous and distasteful Christian Duty, saw his Doctrines as those of The Enemy Satan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

Scott Nelson has asked the question, "Have you ever wondered to yourself what the reasons are as to why people believe what they do?"

The question I ask, why do christians insist believing that Saul/St.Paul is the chief apostle of Jesus. Also, why do christians believe that Saul/St.Paul's WORDS have equal or even authority than the WORDS of JESUS? WHY?

Peace be with you, Paul

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

Jesus taught on why most people would be wrong: The Way is Narrow, but most people will want to go Wide. Paul provided what Christ had termed "the Wide Way which will lead to Destruction".

Look at Paul's Doctrines... they provide an instant and easy Salvation. We've all been to those big Protestant Evangelical Tent Meetings where they call for newcomers to come up to the front and Be Saved. It is really supposed to be that easy, and that is what they sell, and that is what Paul sold.

When I was very very young I was part of one of those tent shows run by a wily Protestant Minister, and one of his favorite sayings was "Christ for Show, Paul for Doe", meaning that nobody ever got rich preaching Christ's Teachings of Righteousness -- Frankly the Sermon of the Mount puts people off. Sure they like the "Blessed are" parts, but they begin to squirm in their seats when Jesus gets to the demanding standards of moral perfection expected of Christians. But they love Paul who tells them they can sin all they want -- they're Saved by simply choosing to be Saved, or even by an automatic Predestination if they happen to believe another Presbyterian passage out of Paul. Its as easy as falling off a dock and hitting the water.

Sure, if they thought about it a minute they might realize how abominable the Pauline Doctrines are. But with so many Authority Figures and Community Leaders -- Friggin Billy Grahm, Pastor to the Presidents -- telling them it is okay to pound another nail into Jesus Christ for the sake of Free Sin and another Party every Saturday Night, well, its got to be okay... what's to think about? It all sounds fine to them!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.