Secondhand smoke

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Tiassa, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I was surprised to see this editorial in the Seattle Times. Not because it's the Times, but because I was surprised to see it at all:

A match for the challengers
    It has to be understood, though, that the author of the piece, Gustav Hellthaler, has a stake in the Blue Moon Tavern, a gritty Seattle landmark. The place looks like a dive, but it's actually rich with history. It is a common cult story in Seattle that poet Theodore Roethke received an urgent telegram during a lecture he was giving at the University of Washington, where he finished his teaching career. According to the story, the telegram informed him that he had won a prestigious award for poetry. Roethke looked up at his class and announced, "I've just won the Bollingen--to the Moon!"

The point being that come the day Seattle bans smoking in all public places, they'll have to raid the Moon. Regularly. Until they put it out of business and snuff an amazing corner of Seattle history.

Yeah ... that's what the author has a stake in. Let that speak what it will or won't.

Nonetheless, it's a very interesting article.

:m:,
    Tiassa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Uh...

where the weed at!! :m:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.