Seeking help, hints and tips..

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by NenarTronian, Jul 22, 2002.

1. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

...in my cessation of marijuana use for the school year of 2002-2003. So far i've been clean for weeks, but goddamn the desire to just smoke up is real big. I've decided to stop in order to better concentrate on my studies this year, but its pretty hard to not bow down to temptation. Throwing out my paraphernalia and not hanging out with my former smoking buddy helps, but the two DMB (Dave Matthews Band) concerts last week have not.

Soooo..anyone who can offer suggestions tips hints whatever, thanks!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Take up yoga.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

Hm yoga...well i've been reading and stuff it helps, its not like i'm suffering from withdrawal or anything, but its so tempting to just forget my vow to myself and just go do it. If MJ is this desirable i can't imagine what it'd be like trying to stop doing cocaine, opium, or heroin or something.

Yoga? I tried the buddhist style of meditation, that was cool, i think i might keep doing that at nights and mornings, it helps me relax too.

Thanks for the tips guys

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dark Master DaRk LoThArIo Registered Senior Member

Get a girlfriend, a good one that doens't like smoking up and all that. It'll help if you get close to her and it'll all be worth it. Hang wit people that don't do it etc., have a strong will. And it's not hard work if you just get a gf and you don't need to do other things like yoda, i just don't prefer that. But do whatever works.

For me I smoked weed once every while, to have some fun. Never do it during school, I mean never, it'll mess up your work. DO it only once a month or so, no more then twice, like on one weekend and if your friends want to do it more tell them you are busy. You can still be friends with them and doing it every once in while like that, so you'll still keep that connection with them. If they want to do it during school and force you too, while you say i have schoolwork and all, then hate you for not doing it during school, then they aren't good friends. I did that and enjoy it and it never affected my grades at all. It's when you do too much that weed becomes a problem.

8. relleumsirhc Banned Banned

YES.

THAT is the best piece of advice i would give you.

9. Pine_net Chaos Product Registered Senior Member

How about this... Don’t quit and use it as a reward system. Only smoke it up on rare occasions when you have successfully completed a prerequisite of your choosing. Something along these lines...

You have completed 10 papers with at least a B average=One night of your choosing for a smoke out!

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

NenarTronian

Have you considered, "Willpower?"

Use your willpower successfully, and it will strengthen with each resolve.

11. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

Thanks for all the tips people!

I think i'm good to go, i was the whole time, just wanted some pointers. I'm just gonna stick with not doing it all school year, the reward system sounds fun...but i dunno if i would be able to stick with it the way it's meant to be implemented, really.

Besides, i take off smoking my junior year HS, do great so i can get into a great university, then i can burn all senior year - cause everyone knows senior year doesnt really count...well, not that much. There wouldnt be any advanced classes i could take in senior year really, i'm taking them all this upcoming year.

Thanks again all!

12. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Just try dating a girl who is extremely prejudice against drug use.

Someone like Mallory Knox

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. spookz Banned Banned

substitute with crack cocaine and vodka

14. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Join a really strict religion, based on guilt and fear, like catholicism.

15. Xev Registered Senior Member

Try dating Mallory Knox.

16. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

LOL, i actually know a mallory knox, same spelling, in my school. AND she's sorta cute. Weird huh?

Not the same chick though, i thought it might have been months ago when i first came here, but then i checked and, nope its not.

17. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Micky and Mallory Knox are the couple in natural born killer, which is her favorite movie. That is where she got her screen name from.

18. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member