Seeking Understanding

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Catriona, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Catriona Registered Member

I'm seeking information on two topics (seriously):

1. The Law of Grace Vs the Law of Kharma, and
    2. Psychic Healing.

Can anyone help me, or nominate some reference material on either or both topics? My knowledge of all things sixth sense is very limited.

Thank you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I found *this link* on psychic healing, but I have not checked it. I hope it is of help to you. If not, then let me know and we will look further.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Are there any secific questions you have on healing?

I will get back to you on The Law of Grace Vs the Law of Kharma.

Cya.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Catriona Registered Member

Thank you Banchee. I do indeed have many questions about psychic healing, from the perspective of the healer, rather than the healed. I will look at the link that you have shown me, and hopefully it will provide me with some answers.

I understand that to be a healer you have no control, you are a tool for 'higher powers (whichever way you wish to define that)', but I'm a thinker, I want to understand as much as there is to know about the process by which you heal others. Is it different for each healer? Does the patient need to be in any particular mind set? Does the healer? Do you need to imagine visually what is in need of repair and how to repair it, before progressing? Does a knowledge of anatomy help at all?

I have been told that all our illnesses occur directly as a result of mental/emotional turmoil/unresolved issues. If this is the case, then the pain or illness is a symptom, not the root of the problem, which logically would reoccur (if that was all you were treating) until the mental/emotional cause is dealt with. If this is the case, then healing can only be a temporary measure, leaving cognitive therapy to be the true 'cure' for the illness.

Is the healer part psycologist, helping the patient to come to a mental state where they are able to resolve these mental/emotional issues before permanent healing can occur?

How does the healer actually go about the healing process? Where to you touch the person, if at all? How? What should you feel, or they feel?

How do you discover your capabilities and limits? What can and cant you heal?

Can you heal someone who has received a physical injury from an accident, as opposed to an illness that is caused through emotional/mental distress? For instance, if someone sustained brain damage from an impact, can that damage be repaired? Or an ankle that was so badly damaged that it had to be fused, be made like new again? What are the limitations of healing?

I have many more questions. I suppose I'm trying to find someone who is a healer who can go some way in explaining why it happens and how. Its the analytical person within me. I understand being an instrument of a higher power, that doesn't stop me from being able to play that instrument, practice, refine and be used for most effective advantage.

Thank you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.