SELF-Realization

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by genep, Jun 25, 2008.

1. genep Guest

SELF-Realization: When absolutely Nothing Happens
    yet what was a rock-solid and certain reality
    becomes a Hallucination
    in which Nothing Ever Happens.

-- the Living SELF; Eternal and Infinite Sri Birgit Bhagavati-Bhagavan Vishnu Fukkamee Swami

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I don't get how a hallucination can be nothingness, then what is hallucinating if not something thats happening?.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lightgigantic Banned Banned

actually even if you are hallucinating and think that a snake looks like a rope, both rope and snakes actually exist ... its simply a case of mistaken identity

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

During my hallucinations a whole bunch of shit happens! Perhaps you just don't hallucinate in the right way.

8. lightgigantic Banned Banned

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

When I was younger I tried LSD a few times and I never really saw anything everything just changed colour alot and shiney things looked extra shiney, graffiti moved a little and looked wierd. My hands were interesting and freaked me out a bit and I kept hearing sounds distorted.

My imagination is better sober I think.

Peace.

10. Vkothii Banned Banned

You probably didn't have real LSD, or it wasn't 100 mics.

A trip usually takes about 3 days to come down completely from.
    (Not that I'd know that from personal experience, of course)

11. Yorda Registered Senior Member

things appear to happen in a movie, but it's just the pictures that are changing. the pictures are not changing either, they just appear to be. and there is also no hallucination happening, because the hallucination is a hallucination (it isn't real).

and if everything is hallucination, if nothing is real, then everything must be nothing (reality). self-realization is catch 22: when you "realize" that there is nothing to realize.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  12. Vkothii Banned Banned

No, it's more like realising who you are, that all the time you've been looking for something you already have, or you're already home. Or like seeing what colour you really are, just another shade in an endless sea of colours everywhere, and all the different colours come from the same colour. Or how you're just a note in a big chorus, a single clear note that is of course, a myriad of different notes and sounds. If you know it isn't your imagination, sort of thing.

Something like that.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Then you've never tripped, personally that is!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Boy you really don't know what you are talking about but you really want to make people think you do. Why is that anyway?

15. Vkothii Banned Banned

Why is what?

Why is it that you think I like to think something, or why is it that you've gone to the trouble to let everyone know?

16. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

I really like that quote.

17. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

maybe cause 100 mics is baby and 3 days is very unusual

18. Vkothii Banned Banned

Or maybe there's a lot of people who have never actually tried 100 or 200 micrograms of LSD-25?

Maybe a lot of people get told that's what they just got ahold of, but maybe it's some kind of marketing hype?

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I have never known anyone that took 100 to 200 mics of LSD 25 or any other LSD and last for more than 12 hours. Your facts do not add up to what reality is. Again , I believe that you have never taken LSD and all your doing is trying to impress people that you have. Well, you dodn't imnpress me because I know better so go ahaead and tell your tales and make up your stories for whatever reasons you have. But people will only have to look up LSD on the net to find the truth.

20. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

DMT is so much better than LSD, at least for 'self-realization'.

21. Vkothii Banned Banned

200 mics should be a pretty good 12-18 hours. But what about the next 24-36 hours. You're saying after 12 hours, regardless, you're back on ground zero? Bullshit, dude.

What are you talking about? What's this "they will find the truth" crap? The only way to "find out" what 100 or 200 or 1000 mics of LSD will do to you is to ingest it - get it into your bloodstream somehow.

You "believe" whatever you like, too. Like I give a stuff.

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Would you take another place to see what they say, or are they full of shit too?

"The precise mechanism by which LSD alters perceptions is still unclear. Evidence from laboratory studies suggests that LSD, like hallucinogenic plants, acts on certain groups of serotonin receptors designated the 5-HT2 receptors, and that its effects are most prominent in two brain regions: One is the cerebral cortex, an area involved in mood, cognition, and perception; the other is the locus ceruleus, which receives sensory signals from all areas of the body and has been described as the brain's "novelty detector" for important external stimuli.

LSD's effects typically begin within 30 to 90 minutes of ingestion and may last as long as 12 hours. Users refer to LSD and other hallucinogenic experiences as "trips" and to the acute adverse experiences as "bad trips." Although most LSD trips include both pleasant and unpleasant aspects, the drug's effects are unpredictable and may vary with the amount ingested and the user's personality, mood, expectations, and surroundings."

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/lsd/f/lsd_faq04.htm

"How long does the feeling last?
    The effects of LSD come on gradually within an hour of taking the drug, "peak" at two to four hours and gradually taper off, with the entire trip lasting up to 12 hours. The intensity of the effect depends on the size of the dose.

Some users feel let down or fatigued for 12 to 24 hours after the trip is over. "

http://www.camh.net/About_Addiction_Mental_Health/Drug_and_Addiction_Information/lsd_dyk.html

23. Vkothii Banned Banned

So, because some idiot says, "it takes about 3 days to come down completely", another idiot then assumes what, exactly?
    You're going to have to take it from here.
    Presumably you know people who do this on a Sunday night and are bright and early at work on a Monday then?

FFS dude, it's LSD. Albert Hoffman took a test dose of 0.2 mg of the stuff, expecting a mild reaction.
    He took a while to get back on planet earth, right?

P.S. another really stupid thing to call the after-effects, that can take a day or so to fade, is: "a refractory period".

Smoke that.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008