seti@home screensaver

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by ru918, Jul 31, 1999.

1. ru918 Registered Member

Can you tell us yet what the highest peak power has been? Mine is 194.somethng and that one bar turned red. Is this significant or not? Thanks,ru918

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. H-kon Registered Senior Member

Well.. My highest peak was: 108.783.456.125... and i am not kidding.. I got a response from SETI@home telling me it was a satelite..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The bar goes in to the red all the time, it's really nothing to worry about. The thing you should look after is the"Gaussian" signals..continous signal after a period of time..

How many units have you crunched so far? I am on my 162nd now. #18th at "Team BeOS"

------------------
    "We didn't inherit this world from our parents, we are borrowing it from our children".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ru918 Registered Member

hi thanks for the info. It's kind of exciting. The trying, the waiting, the wondering. Boy, I'm pretty new I've only done 30 units. It sure keeps my interest. I just got a peak power of 444. Even if it is a satillite(spelling)it's very interesting and I'm not worried just curious. later, ru918

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.